(19) PAW Patrol: Reunited

Chase sprinted through the crumbling halls of the pound, making sure to open every door and cage he could possibly open. Letting loose a bunch of wild animals from the pound wouldn't be a good idea under normal circumstances, there was no other choice. Well, he could just leave them to die, but that was nowhere near an option.

He was sure that he cleared all of the area, but was confused as to why some of the rooms were already cleared out, despite him not even getting to them yet. The animals got out either way, so the thought didn't disturb him as much.

Skye opened what she knew was the final door, allowing a collection of dogs to run out of it, thanking her hurriedly as they ran. She quickly decided that while she looked for Siren, she would let others out as she went. She couldn't just leave. The Cockapoo smiled as she turned her attention to Sweetie.

"That should be the last of them!" Skye told her.

Sweetie raised an eyebrow, "So we can leave before we become pup pancakes?" She looked up at the ceiling, which was beginning to rumble from the constant shaking beneath their paws.

"We still have to find Siren!" The aviation specialist told her.

"And if he already escaped?" The Terrier inquired.

Skye didn't respond, rounding another corner. Sweetie let out a groan. PAW Patrol pups were so selfless it was irritating. Could they, for once, just think of themselves like she did? The Cockapoo proceeded to head to the main lobby as Sweetie reluctantly followed her.

Chase looked around the hallways, "That should be the last of them. Now to get out of here."

The Shepherd began running to the main lobby. Now that he managed to make sure nobody would potentially get hurt or worse by the crumbling building, he could focus on his man mission, finding Skye. He hoped that she had escaped back when all of this chaos started and didn't stay behind to do the same thing he did.

"I'll see her at the lookout... We don't have any other place to go in Adventure City..."

Walking into the lobby, Skye was talking to Sweetie, who was lagging behind, "Next, we need to head to the lookout, maybe the others are there."

The Shepherd's ears perked up at the noise. It took less than an instant for him to recognize the voice.

For the longest time, he could've sworn that there was some strange force keeping him from seeing Skye. He had been all around the surrounding area of Adventure Bay. Traveled by air, by road, and by foot in his pursuit for his crush.

And yet, after all that, the next time he heard her voice was the one moment he wasn't looking for her. Nearly two weeks of running around all seemed worth it.

Chase slowly turned his head, his eyes widening as he saw who the voice had come from.

And there she was. She looked a bit roughed up from everything she could have been through, her fur matted and ruffled in different areas. She was also a bit dirty. After all, she probably wasn't able to bathe during her time away from Adventure Bay. But even with all of that, she still retained those beautiful eyes he adored so much.

Skye turned her head away from Sweetie, who was just around the corner and out of Chase's sight, just to see a familiar German Shepherd pup, donning his Adventure City gear, staring right at her in a stunned silence. Her tail instantly began wagging at the sight.

It was then when they locked eyes.

Time seemingly stopped around them, the slight rumbling beneath their paws ceasing as their breathing quickened. Chase's heart began racing, Skye's tail wagged faster. Sweetie, who had just rounded the corner, saw what was going on, and quickly retreated back to behind the corner.