(13) Jailpups

Never in a million years would she have ever thought she would end up here.

"Welcome to your room, pups."

Skye and Sweetie were thrown into a room, sliding on the floor before hearing the door shut. The girls got up and slowly looked around.

"Oh no... No..." Sweetie heard Skye whimper.

Sweetie, on the other paw, remained still and frozen. This certainly wasn't an outcome she was prepared for. In just a few hours she went from a warden to a jailpup. Something that the Terrier would laugh at had this happened to any other pup. It was almost like something out of a childrens' book about what happened to those who do something bad. How obscene this was! The Princess' pooch of Barkingburg, reduced to an accused wild animal trapped in such a dog forsaken place!?

Sweetie looked back at the heavy-looking door, "I've got to get out of here—"

"I don't want to hear you talk!!" Skye snapped, her eyebrows furrowing in anger.

"What?"

"This is all your fault!" Skye growled, seemingly ready for a round two with the Terrier, "If it weren't for you and that stupid squeaky toy, I'd still be in Adventure Bay!"

Sweetie retorted, "If you didn't try that dumb escape attempt, I wouldn't be in here!"

"Typical Sweetie, always thinking of herself!" Skye barked at her, "You've always been so selfish!"

"Selfish?" Sweetie raised an eyebrow, "I'd rather be selfish than a pup who's lived in poverty for most of her life as a stray."

"That was then!" The Cockapoo shouted.

"Exactly, and now, you've become so dependent on your friends and family that you can't even go a week separated from them without having a mental breakdown!" The Terrier glared at her, "So weak and hopeless, commoner pup."

No matter how much the two argued, one fact still stood. They weren't getting out any time soon. Nobody knew where they were, or even if they were still alive. The only other person or pup aware of their location was the one right next to them.

They were lost, trapped, and alone.

They were in the Adventure City pound.

"If you two are going to be here for a while, then I suggest you keep it down..." A deep, gruff voice spoke, startling the girls, "They don't take kindly to whining pups."

Skye and Sweetie turned their heads in the direction of the voice.

A dog stepped out of a large doghouse, using a paw to gently scratch behind his own neck. Skye couldn't help being a bit confused, looking at the dog.

It was a German Shepherd.

"C-Chase...?" The Cockapoo asked silently, looking up at the dog in front of him.

The German Shepherd looked a bit confused, "I'm sorry, I don't know who this Chase fellow is."

Skye took a moment to shake her head. She didn't mean to call this dog Chase, but couldn't help to, recognizing the breed of dog that was standing in front of her.

The German Shepherd standing in front of them was a lot bigger than either of them were, seemingly having already matured into an adult dog. It reminded her of Chase, but upon closer examination, she began to spot some differences between the dog standing in front of her and the pup she so desperately wanted to see again. The German Shepherd's eyes seemed constantly exhausted, a glint of once bright and exuberant eyes that seemed to grow dull with every passing moment.