(15) Brothers

Five knight pups were waiting in a forest area, overlooking a bit of road.

"Alright men..." Sir Pupcival spoke, his eyes glaring daggers through his helmet, "...We must stop the brown one and the spotted one before they manage to get to her majesty in Adventure City."

"Sir!" The other four knights nodded in acknowledgement.

"When their metallic transportation passes this road, we shall hijack them and finally give them eternal rest." Pupcival continued, "But, if they are to beg for mercy, you shall not kill them, as that would be unchivalrous of you."

"Sir!"

"Now prepare yourselves, they could arrive at any moment."

Crouching down, the knights laid in wait.

============

"Okay, thanks Liberty." Chase smiled.

The Dachshund smiled, "Anything for my fellow members, my guy."

The Shepherd hung up the call, letting out a faint sigh. He had just finished speaking to Liberty in discussion for what they would do when they would arrive in Adventure City. It took Liberty a while to be caught up on the events of the past week or so, and she had to take a day to process, but now she was all in as a part of the Skye retrieval team.

******

Liberty rubbed her forehead with a paw, "So let me get this straight, Skye was pupnapped by that dog she was with here?"

Chase nodded.

"So you and Marshall had to go and find her while the others stayed in Adventure Bay?"

He nodded again.

"And along the way, you guys broke your gear, you got cut up really badly, and you picked up sword fighting!?"

The police pup groaned, rolling his eyes, "I didn't pick up sword fighting."

"But Marshall said—"

"I know, he really wants me to do it since he's already really good at pup-fu."

"And again, you didn't tell Ryder about the knights or your injury?" The Dachshund questioned, "Why didn't you tell him about this? He's your owner!"

Chase sighed, "If Ryder knew, I'd be taken off the mission for sure. I don't want to have to watch while others look for Skye. I would like to help find her."

Liberty couldn't help but to take a step back. Her team, her very own team, had been going through something so rough while she was just relaxing in Adventure City. Sure, she couldn't have known, but maybe if she had checked in with them instead of patrolling the streets, she could have helped a lot more than she was right now. Heck, they probably would've been able to find and rescue Skye before they hit the one week mark.

"Chase, I won't tell Ryder anything, but can I just... Have a minute?" Liberty asked.

The Shepherd pup understood what she was feeling, "Take all the time you need."

"Thanks..."

Just like that, the call had disconnected.

******

Chase walked into the main area of the PAW Patroller, looking through the various papers and items he had arranged to work though. He had been trying for the past day while on the road to formulate the best possible plan for finding Skye.

They knew that she and Sweetie were taken by humans, thanks to Liberty, but neither he nor Liberty knew who the humans were and where they were going. He planned to have Marshall, Liberty, and himself split up in Adventure City to search every corner of the large area.