~27~

Maris POV

We got to school, " Mehn! Is this a crusade or something?" Janet was surprised at how school was, we all were surprised. Students were everywhere.

"Well, what can you do former head girl? Exams have finished, and Elle was kidnapped. They deserve this freedom" Amarachi added.

"Let's get to the sports room"

We got to the sports room successfully, "Grab a weapon, preferably a bat, baseball" Cynthia said

"Who the hell plays baseball in this school?!!" Lami looks confused

"We once did, check the storage room" Jason instructed Lami, she went in and came back with baseball bats that were covered in dust, cobwebs and all. We picked not without sneezing though.

"Well well, what are you guys doing with dirty-looking bats, sneaking around with school property?" Said a high chipped voice which belonged to Vanessa, she walked into the sports room with her friend, Kachi. I wonder where Precious is, she always seemed like the good girl sha.

We all froze, we looked like we were caught committing a crime. It was getting too silent until Amarachi decided to break it,

"Now that I look at it and look at you, an idea just came to my mind. Do you care to listen?"

"Sure, let's hear what you have to say" She snickered sharing a look with Kachi who snorted supportively.

She went closer to them, "Why don't we all try this dirty-looking bat on both of you to know if it's really strong and to confirm if it can serve its purpose!"

You could see the sudden fear in her eyes but she shrugged it off fast and turned to me.

"You must be Elle's sister? Oh, I'm really sorry about the kidnap of your sister. Sadly she's gone, there's nothing we can do" She tried to put her hands on my shoulders, and I slapped them off before they rested.

I ignored her comfort or her so-called being sympathetic without being the pathetic thing and dragged her by her school collar, " Where's my Sister??!!"

I had a look of confusion on my face when I wasn't held by the others who by now should be begging me to calm down, instead, Amarachi added, "You better talk or we would beat you black and brown!!"

Everybody came closer with the bat in their hands, Vanessa was shaking with fear, and I felt her shaking, with fear she yelled " I don't know where she is. I didn't do anything to her!" she raised her hands in the air like she was surrendering, she continued with fear laced in her voice, "why would you guys think I would kidnap her? I didn't do anything to her" she cried.

"You never liked her so it shouldn't be hard to get rid off her!!" Amarachi yelled to Vanessa's face who by now is already sitting on the floor cying profusely 

"Yes! you never liked her with Jayden so?!" Lami added

"Why would I kidnapp her because of Jayden??!!"

"It starts somewhere and I guess this is where you decided to start yours!" Lami threw at her, she laughed scornfully, "It's funny how you guys suspect me but don't even suspect Jayden" we all turned to Jayden, he had a look of confusion oh his face "I didn't do anything, I don't have a hand in it." he defended himself

While all this was going on, Kachi had a smile on her face.

"Let her go! You thugs!! I can't believe you guys attended this school. This school has brought up thugs! I'm very sure they would be disappointed" Kachi held Vanessa who was crying, " Let's go" she took Vanessa out.

The moment they heard the door close, Craig said "we need to move, time isn't on our side" We all acted like Vanessa didn't just turn our suspect pin to Jayden

"What does the map says?" Janet asked Jayden who quickly scanned over the map

"She's in the school but not in this area. I guess we have to try the abandoned area of school"

"Okay, let's go!"

We got out to the assembly and walked cautiously to the abandoned area.

"Geez, did a kidnapper really live in our school?" Lami looked at the gate that was rusty, and dusty, name it whatever you wanna name it, it just wasn't good-looking.

"I really don't know but what I know is that we are close to finding her, so we better move" Jayden hushed as we entered the gate

Captain raised her hand to stop us since she was leading the way "Wait, we need two people to guard the door"

Everybody muttered at the same time, "not me"

Lami decided to speak out, "here's so spooky, it's giving the kidnapper vibe. Captain, I don't think anybody Is going to guard this door."

"Besides, we won't be taking this door when going out so why is there a need to guard it?" Jimmy added, receiving more yes and nods from the rest of us.

"Can we go already??!"

"Chill Jayden, In fact, I think you should lead the way since you're with her location" Cynthia suggested.

We walked and walked, it seemed like we weren't getting to our destination.

"Omo, we never reach? I don tire oh!" Lami dropped her bat nosily, we all hushed her immediately.

"Shh... I think it's an underground cave or something" Craig said, picking up her bat.

"We are here" Jayden announced slowly but happily. We smiled in happiness and achievement.

"At the count of three, you two-" She pointed at Jason and Craig, "would push the door open together." She turned to us "swing that bat at anybody that doesn't look like Elle"

"What if the person has a gun? Well, he can shoot us and nobody would hear it. Two reasons, we are in an underground cave. Errm secondly, definitely not with that kind of crowd outside " Tina ranted, she was scared we all could see that. "Or what if-"

"Tina calm down, what if we succeed, what if we bring her alive? What if" I held her hands tightly "You can do this" I whispered to her.

"Lami, get the camera ready. One! Two! Three!"

Jason and Craig pushed the mini gate while we were ready to swing our bat but the sight before us wasn't what we expected.

"Arrrrrh!!!!!" Cynthia screamed in horror and we took time following her in screaming. Lami couldn't stand it and she fainted.

There it was, a piece of a human arm with a leg with the blood oozing out, hanging right at our face.