A Stitch & a Patch, A Patch & A Stitch

{Subject: Shuna talks about something interesting with Benimaru on their break}

"A patch is nothing without the stitch, and the stitch is nothing without the patch," announced Shuna, whip lashing her brother at the sudden statement. He paused; chopsticks frozen in the air as he thought over her words. "What?" he asked curiously. What was she talking about? And what on earth brought this up?

The two Onís were currently on break, a rare treat for them. It had been a while since their last alone time, so the two savored the moment. Well, that was, until Shuna spoke those words.

Shuna giggled, pulling the needle through the fabric, her eyes not leaving it as she began explaining. "Think of it this way: the patch is the objective, and the stitch is the action. In order to act, you must have an objective, like what I'm currently doing, fixing up your clothes. That my objective fixing it up, and in order for me to do that I've got to act, the action here is my sowing it up." She paused, briefly glancing up to meet her brother's curious gaze.

"Or for a simpler point, you wanting to eat ramen. Your objective? The ramen, the action? Eating it." she shifted her focus back to the clothing. Picking the needle into the fabric. "This works for everyday life as well. Like making breakfast, going to work, playing, etc. Everything in one's daily life is an objective and an action even if they don't notice it." She finished before going back to humming.

Benimaru blinked once, then twice in thought as he digested this information before nodding in agreement. His lips turning into a smile, leave it to Shuna to see the littlest of things.

The pink oni halted her work again and tenderly smiled. "Such a simple statement with such a fascinating significance." She said, before fully turning towards her brother. "Remarkable, isn't it? That sowing of all things made me realize this. Perhaps life is indeed simpler than we assumed and perhaps the actions we take complicate it for a balance." Benimaru peered down at her with an inquisitive look. Tilting his head to the side, he inquired. "What brought this up?" he was genuinely interested, whatever caused her to express this?

Shuna shrugged, going back to her work. "I just felt like sharing is all." Benimaru furrowed his brows at the answer before shrugging himself and going back to eating his ramen, which was now cold.

He'll have to tell Lord Rimuru about this interesting subject.

{A/n: just something short that came to mind}