fourteen

Y/N WOKE UP in the morning to hearing lucas talk on the walkie

"max, y/n, do you copy?" lucas says through the walkie. "this is a code red. i repeat, this is a code red. max and y/n, do you copy?"

y/n picks up the walkie and scoffs as el and max woke up.

"shut up!" y/n harshly told lucas through the walkie, then switches it off.

y/n then tries going back to sleep, going back under the covers.

but then, a few seconds later, she hears the phone ring.

y/n scoffed, and rolled her eyes, wanting to sleep longer.

"you've got to be shitting me." y/n angrily said, and then got up.

"i'm sleeping. go away!" y/n frustratedly said into the phone, and was about to hang up.

"this is mike." mike says through the phone.

y/n stopped herself from hanging up, once she heard mike's voice.

"do not hang up." mike adds. "something happened. something bad. our very lives can be at stake."

"what are you talking about?" y/n curiously asked

"just come over to my house." mike told her. "we'll explain everything."

"what?"

"hurry."

then mike hangs up the phone, and y/n confusedly looked at the phone, eager to know what was going on.

"what did he say?" max asked as she woke up.

-

"i didn't think it was anything at first." will explained. "i mean, i think i just didn't want to believe it. the first time i felt it was at day of the dead."

"power went out that night, too." mike adds.

"and then i felt it again at the field near the nelson farm the next day." will adds. "then again yesterday outside castle byers."

"what does it feel like?" max asked.

"it's almost like.. you know when you drop on a roller coaster?" will asked.

"yeah." everybody replied.

"no." el replied.

"it's like.. everything inside your body is just sinking all at once, but.. this is worse. your body.. it goes cold and— and you can't breath. i've felt it before whenever he was close."