twenty six

"TURN here

"TURN here." y/n instructed steve.

"here?" dustin asked, to which y/n just slowly nodded her head.

the car came to a halt, and y/n opened her door, mike following her.

y/n was already getting shaken up, with what she was going to do. she was going to billy's grave.

she hasn't gone there, since the funeral at least.

"y/n?" mike called, as he walked towards her.

y/n looked behind her, spotting mike, then back ahead of her, rolling her eyes. "mike, please just wait in the car."

"y/n, just wait." mike begged, as he ran up to her.

"mike-"

"y/n, please!" mike was already in front of her by now. "just listen to me. just, please."

y/n stayed silent, to let mike know he had y/n's full attention now.

"i know something happened there with susan." mike said, which caused y/n to look around, and back at mike. "was it vecna?"

"i told you, i'm fine. okay?" y/n shut mike down, with a fake smile. "i mean, as fine as someone who's hurtling towards a gruesome death can be."

y/n's fake smile faded, she looked down, then back at mike's eyes.

mike knew this was a lie, he knew she wasn't okay, but she just wouldn't open up to anyone

"y/n.." mike spoke. "you know you can talk to me. right?"

y/n paused for a moment, before responding. "yeah, i know that."

"okay, then why do you keep pushing me away?" mike asked, slightly getting frustrated.

mike got the letter from his pocket, and held it in front of y/n.

"okay, look." mike began. "i don't need a letter. i don't want a letter. just talk to me. to your friends. we're right here."

"i'm right here." mike assured y/n. "okay? i'm here."

y/n was taken aback by mike's words, not knowing mike cared about her this much, y/n's face softened.

but y/n did the only thing she knew how to do right now. she pushed mike away.

"just wait in the car. this won't be long."

and that was y/n's last word to mike, for now, she started walking away, leaving a stunned mike there.

mike still loved y/n, he knew it deep down, he tried to push that feeling away since y/n broke up with him, but he just couldn't.

y/n went up to billy's gravestone, and sat in front of it, criss-crossed.

y/n takes out the letter she wrote for billy out of the envelope.