fifteen

ELEVEN watched hopper through her void, confused on what he was doing

"i found him." el says, with a blindfold on.

"where is he?" y/n asked, as blood started to drip from el's nose.

"woods." el replies.

"woods?" lucas asks.

"he's with... will's mom." el adds.

"my— my mom?" will stutters.

"what are they doing?" max asks.

"ill.. annoy." el tries to pronounce. "they're going to ill-annoy."

"mike! breakfast!" karen shouts as she knocked on the basement door.

"not now, mom!" mike shouted back really loudly. "illinois? illinois, like the state?" mike asks el, as el ripped off her blindfold. "the state of illinois?"

el shrugged. "ill-annoy." she stammered.

-

y/n, max, and el were currently in the bathroom right now. y/n was wiping the blood from el's nose with a tissue.

"does it still hurt?" max asks el, as y/n wiped el's nose.

"only when i talk." el softly replies.

"well, it's a good thing you're not mike, then." y/n comments. "blah, blah, blah, blah. and you'd be in constant pain."

el and max started laughing at y/n's joke, y/n laughing along. then she continued wiping el's nose.

"something's not right. hopper's hiking with will's mom to illinois?" mike complains. "and dustin's mia, too? i mean, this can't be a coincidence."

"what does it matter?" lucas emphasized. "the bottom line is, they're not here. it's up to us."

"up to us to do what exactly?" mike asks as he continued to pace around.

"find billy, and stop him." lucas replies.

"okay, yeah, that's a really nice sentiment, but even if el could find him again, and that's a pretty big if, then what?" mike rants.

"we burn the shit out of him, and make sure he doesn't escape." lucas simply replies.

"okay, then what?" mike plays along.

"then we win." lucas announces.

"no," mike disagrees. "see, that's the problem. we don't. we don't win. we got the mind flayer out of will before and he just came right back. we don't just have to stop billy, we have to stop the mind flayer."