ninteen

"THE MIND FLAYER, it built this monster in hawkins," mike explains to hopper and joyce

"THE MIND FLAYER, it built this monster in hawkins," mike explains to hopper and joyce. "to stop el, to kill her, and pave a way into our world."

"and it almost did." y/n spoke up. "that was just one tiny piece of it."

"how big is this thing?" hopper asks.

"it's big." jonathan muttered. "thirty feet, at least."

"yeah." lucas agreed, then lucas turned to hopper. "it sorta destroyed your cabin. sorry."

"okay, so, just to be clear, this.. this big fleshy spider thing that hurt el, it's some kind of gigantic weapon?" steve asks.

"yes." nancy replied.

"but instead of, like, screws and metal, the mind flayer made its weapon.. with melted people." steve adds.

"yes, exactly." nancy confirms.

"yeah, okay." steve said. "i'm just making sure."

"are we sure this thing is still out there, still alive?" joyce asks.

"el beat the shit out of it, but, yeah, it's still alive." y/n confirmed.

"but if we close the gate again—" will speaks.

"we cut the brain off from the body." max finishes off his sentence.

"and kill it." lucas adds. "theoretically."

"yoo-hoo!" they heard murray call from behind them.

they all turned around to see murray, waving a paper in both of his hands.

-

"okay, this is what alexei called 'the hub." murray explained. "now, the hub takes us to the vault room."

"okay, where's the gate?" hopper asks.

"right here." murray replied. "i don't know the scale on this, but i think it's fairly close to the vault room, maybe 50 feet or so."

"more like 500." erica intervenes as she walked closer. "what, you're just gonna waltz in there like it's commie disneyland or something?"

"i'm sorry, who are you?" murray asks.

"erica sinclair." erica replies. "who are you?"