Hunter

Rose's POV:

It was silent as I was riding to school. The pack was is mourning for their loss. Derek was dead. It was probably a sobering thought for the wolves whom thought themselves invincible and untouchable. They were mortal, and easily breakable. I parked in the front just as Jen pulled in next to me.

There were people at school, but they were quite. I didn't see Amber anywhere as I walked to my locker with Jen. Both of us fully aware of what was wrong. We saw the sad looks on people's faces and when I got to my locker.

Jack was waiting there for me, leaning against the other lockers. Of course. Fucking hormonal alpha... He looked mad and exhausted. Chris and a few others were next to him. Waiting. Was this normal for wolves? I wasn't getting weird urges. Maybe its this town. Too much inbreeding?

His head shot up when he saw me walking towards him. My wolf growled at him on the inside.

"Rose..." He said quietly.
I looked up at him and bit my lip.

"I-if its about last night...I'm sorry. He asked me first and I.... I sorta just agreed...please don't be mad at me," i whimpered.

He touched my cheek tenderly and then quickly pulled me into a hug.
"Derek...is he...there was an accident..." He said.

"W-what kind of accident...?" I asked my words came out in a quiver.

"It was a car accident. He's gone...Rose. His funeral is tomorrow..." He replied in a gentle tone.

Wow was that the best lie he could come up with?

I forced a tear to roll down my face.
"I-its my fault he's gone..." I let the fake tears flow.

Playing the victim. Classic.

"Shhh... Its not," he hugged me and stroked my hair. God how i wanted to crush his hand. My wolf was on the verge of biting his head off.

"I was the one he took home last...I have to be at fault.." I continued my force cry and acted like i mourned him.

I was actually the one who sent my hand through his stomach, I killed Derek. And they would never know.

************ 3 Days Later***********
Jack's POV:

After the funeral people were trying to help. Rose was slowly going back to normal. Her attitude towards me was more calm and trusting. Although she was still really distant.

We had also been searching for the female Alpha that killed Derek, but we hadn't had any luck finding her. It was almost as if she had vanished. The party was immediately shut down and my father was furious that I let something like this happen. Even Samuel become more serious, his usual arrogance had faded. I'm not too sure how long this will last. And if that female Alpha will come back. And if she does, I hope none of my pack get in her way....because I haven't seen an Alpha as powerful as her...ever.

Not to mention rising tensions with Lycans. Everything seemed to be going in the wrong direction. Next thing we know we'll have hunters knocking on our door.

My thought were interrupted by Rose. She sat down next to me in the cafeteria. She smiled shyly and began to eat her lunch. She and I were getting closer.

Jen suddenly squeezed her ass in between us. She blocked my view of Rose and smirked at me. She was pretty intimidating for a human female. I looked at Jen.