Chapter 1 [Kidnapped again]

Luigi was laying down on his couch in his mansion, some news playing on the tv. Polterpup laying over him chewing on a squeaky ball. Luigi gently patted his ghostly dog's head, it was rather peaceful this time around. No ghosts on the loose, his brother was not in trouble and better yet! The princess was not kidnapped.

"Breaking news! Princess Peach has been kidnapped by King Koopa Bowser!" The news Toad shouted, flailing his arms around. Oh great. Not even a few seconds later Luigi's phone rang. He rolled his eyes and picked up the phone quickly.

"Hallo?" He asks.

"Luigi! The Princess was kidnapped again!" Mario on the other line shrieked into the phone. Luigi moved the phone away from his ear. "Grab all your power-ups and lets a go!". Luigi let out a sigh and agreed.

"Okie Dokie Mario". Mario hung up on the phone. Luigi did care for the Princess and his brother but, this was ridiculous, she always got kidnapped and she would never tell us the reason, Mario had told Luigi that Bowser had even tried to get them both married on the moon! What was with Bowser and so focused on the princess? Luigi got up and grabbed his power-ups patted Polterpup's head then went out the door.

Mario and Luigi went from level to level, until they got to the final castle on the first world of their adventure. Luigi gasped and sat down before the castle. He swiped his forehead from sweat. Mario was pumped, and he swallowed a fire flower. He looked down at Luigi.

"Come on Luigi!" Mario marched in place. Luigi groaned and laid back.

"Mario, justa one break." He whined. "We have been running for levels! No break.". Mario looked down at Luigi and then stepped in front of him.

"Here. Why don't you stay here and take a nap? While I go in there and risk my life to save the kingdom's princess?" Mario sneered. Luigi looked up at Mario.

"Wow! Really?" He asked. Mario squinted down and shrugged.

"Sure bro, you stay here and rest.". Mario went into the castle by himself.

"I will try to catch up as soon as I can!" Luigi put his hand around his mouth.

The doors of the castle closed. Luigi sighed and hugged himself. Mario was always so rude, when it came to these adventures, if Luigi was not up to pace with his brother he would be irritated and leave without. It was not like Luigi couldn't take care of himself, it was just that Mario always made him feel so bad for it. He yawned and put his hat over his face. He took a quick rest, it was nice before he heard a loud BANG from the castle before it bent and crumbled a little. Luigi sat up quickly and looked up at the castle. Mario hopped out from the top tower of the castle, and stomped a goomba into the ground.

"Quick Luigi! To the next world!" Mario boomed before charging toward the border of the two worlds.

Luigi watched Mario run off into the desert. He looked up at the castle before standing up and stretched up then ran from the castle. He stopped though, there was a loud painful groan from inside. Luigi looked over at the castle... He looked back at where Mario would be but he was far gone. He went inside the castle pushing on the bent doors. He ran up the stairs and jumped up the walls. The bigger damaged doors hung open barely holding onto their hinges.

"Owie..." One of the koopalings groaned holding his head, Larry Koopa. Luigi glanced around, there were no other enemies around. He slowly tiptoed to the Koopaling. Larry kicked his feet and whimpered, there was a big ol boot foot mark on his forehead. Luigi came over and kneeled down. Larry glanced up at Luigi before pulling out his wand quickly and aiming it at him.

"Stay back Mario brother!" Larry screamed struggling to get up to his feet. His wand flickered and spat out a weak blast of magic which plopped onto the floor like slime. He collapsed, dropping his wand. Luigi stared down at Larry... He picked Larry up and held him close. Larry's heartbeat was rather close and his breathing was not constant. Luigi panicked, this was a child! He searched his pockets quickly then pulled out a green 1-up mushroom and put it into Larry's mouth and helped him chew. A bright 1-up sign appeared over Larry. Luigi moved his hair from his eyes and checked Larry's pulse again. Larry gasped and breathed heavily. Luigi sighed in relief.