Chapter 10 [Dinner]

It's been a week now since Luigi went to the Mushroom Kingdom, he has not been doing so hot and Bowser has been noticing it. Bowser was worried, he noticed Luigi was not playing with the koopalings as much, not really doing much but work. Bowser walked up to Luigi's office door. All he could hear was Luigi stamping and scribbling inside of a notebook he had lent him. That poor notebook was so worn out over the week the pages were used up they wouldn't allow the notebook to close as neatly as it would before. He saw inside, Luigi holding his head stamping away on some documents. Bowser sighed then went off to the kitchen to make them both some coffee.

"Is he still in his office?" Kamek asked, walking in, behind Bowser to get some tea he had boiling on the stove. Bowser looked down at Kamek, Kamek quickly read Bowser's expression and patted his leg.Bowser sighed then put the coffee beans into the coffee machine. He had also heard from Daisy recently that she wasn't there at all, so it was boiling his blood as well that Peach would forge a letter from Daisy just to get Luigi to go to see them. He shook his head, all he could do now was be there for Luigi.

"Why don't you take him on a walk while your coffee is getting ready sir? I think it would help you both" Kamek advised Bowser as he poured out his tea from the pot to his little cup. Bowser looked at Kamek as he poured the water into the coffee machine.

"That does not sound too bad, just as long as the kids don't get into the coffee, Morton has been relying on it again. If you can only give him some tea packets" Bowser told Kamek. Kamek nodded in agreement. Bowser smiled down at Kamek before heading back to Luigi's office.

Luigi looked so stressed looking at the documents, tapping his pen against the desk, pounding the stamp onto the ink pad. Bowser could see his eyes practically bulging out of his sockets. Bowser sighed then entered the office. Luigi glanced up at Bowser.

"Morning Bowser," Luigi greeted.

"Let's go for a walk. Come on break time." Bowser told Luigi.

"I'm fine, I will stay here and work."

"It was not an offer, Luigi". Bowser picked up Luigi grasping his hand. "We are going for a walk, you need a break".

Bowser took Luigi out of the office and out to the halls toward the courtyard. Luigi's hand was so much smaller than Bowser's I mean at least it wasn't as slim as Peach's but still rather small. Bowser looked down at Luigi. Luigi was staring at both of their hands. Bowser continued their walk with a smile on his face. Luigi felt so strained on Bowser's hand and Bowser could feel it. Bowser gently rubbed his thumb over Luigi's hand.

"You really need to lower how much you do in a day. It has been a week and you've been doing nothing but work Luigi" Bowser sighed looking out at the newer gardens Wendy had put out. Luigi looked out at them as well, he did not answer to Bowser though. Bowser looked down at Luigi again. Luigi looked so tired he was swaying a little. Bowser pulled Luigi closer to his side to support him upward. Luigi rested against Bowser's side. "Would you like to sit down at the bench?". Luigi nodded and slowly tugged Bowser with him to the bench and sat down. Bowser right beside him.

They both gazed out at the sky with clouds scattered about the blue. Luigi rested against Bowser tiredly, he had not slept well in a while. Bowser could tell so he placed his hand on the other side of Luigi's legs and pulled him to his side to rest better since it was softer. Luigi calmed down and sighed resting against Bowser's soft side. Bowser sighed as well.

"So... I was thinking about heading out to a- uh. A restaurant that just opened in town since we keep up relations with Sarasaland, so we got a restaurant with their food." Bowser hesitated to tell Luigi to look up at Bowser. Bowser looked away from Luigi. "If you want to."