Chapter 9 [No more]

It had been a few days since the first letter, and Luigi continued to stress about it. He stared down at his boots as he was helping Wendy garden the crops. Wendy scoffed and grumbled.
"Who has been eating my crops?! My berries! I bet it was Big Mouth" Wendy growled.
"I am sure it was just some birds Wendy" Luigi answered as he stuck his shovel into the dirt to dig out a hole for the newer plants they would be adding. Strawberries, raspberries, and new blueberries since the other ones had died.
"Maybe.. But still it was very rude of them.".
"Then we could put up a net to make sure they don't get in".
"That's a good idea, let's go ask dad!". Wendy took off her gloves and set them into a bucket full of other gloves for the kiddos. She ran down the stairs, Luigi followed her after taking off his own gloves. Wendy ran around checking every room for Bowser. They both ran into Roy and Morton instead who were in the game room playing animal crossing. Wendy knocked on the door frame. Roy and Morton looked over.
"Hey have you seen dad?" Wendy asked. Roy and Morton looked at each other before looking back.
"I think he went with younger bros to get new stuff" Roy answered then looked back at his switch. "Dude did you take my cherries?"
"Yeah I needed them!" Morton shouted.
"Alright. Thanks!" Wendy looked up at Luigi. "I'll ask him when he comes home okay?"
"Okay, you have fun"
"I will!" Wendy went to watch her brothers. Luigi nodded then left the room.
He walked around the castle before getting interrupted. "Luigi! Luigi! A letter from Daisy in the mushroom kingdom!" A koopa shouted running out to Luigi with the letter in hand. Luigi looked at the koopa and took the letter onced handed to him. It was from Daisy.
"Dear Luigi, Mario is only getting worse. I would really love it if you did go and see him. Sometime at somepoint this month. He's asking for you, he is worried.

Sincerely, Daisy"  Luigi read. That letter was made three days ago with the date he read for the postal. He felt a pain in his chest. He closed the letter and went to his bedroom. The pain he felt kept getting tighter around his throat. He kept shaking his head, he felt like it was just a way to get him to come back and hold him there for questions. If it was true though... No, Daisy would not tell him that and not mean it. Luigi groaned and flopped onto his bed. He yelled into the mattress. He lifted his head, Bowser already told him he was free to go, that he did not mind, but. What if he was lying to have Luigi not feel guilt for wanting to go, to see his brother? If it was a trap to get him to come back there was no way. Mario left him so many times, and the last time was the worst of them. Luigi sighed. He looks at his suite case and his drawer.
Luigi had left, had everything packed into his suit case for about a wells worth just in case, but he did not plan on staying inside the castle. He planned on booking somewhere or just staying with one of his older friends. Luigi made sure to leave a note for Bowser on his desk written on a sticky note. He sighed as he walked across the worlds, god knows how he transported his suit case without it actually being there.
Once he had arrived, he saw nothing had really changed beside no Gooma, Koopa, nothing that is 'from' Koopa Kingdom. He walked slowly through the streets toads wandering around him. Toads looked up at him, they gasped and got happy when they are him. They went up and hugged his legs and bounced around. Luigi sorta kicked them away. The Toads looked at him confused on why he was moving them away. He continued on his walk now picking up his suit case to keep it away from the Toads, he loves the little buggers but they are quite annoying when in crowds. He walked all the way toward a tree like house. He took a deep breath then went to the door.
When he knocked on the door he heard Yoshi inside squeak and probably dropped something. Luigi winced at the noises. Yoshi opened up the door and gave out a gasp. He hugged Luigi tightly.
"Oh boy Luigi! I've missed you so much!" Yoshi squealed. Yoshi jumped and hugged Luigi tightly. Luigi took a second but he calmed and hugged Yoshi tightly. Yoshi gave him a lick on the face. "Come in Come in! I was about to head to the castle, don't worry I can wait for you!". Luigi smiled and nodded. Yoshi moved out of the way for Luigi to come in.
Luigi entered Yoshi's home, the whole inside was tree, just tree inside wood everywhere. He went to the guest bedroom which was a floor mattress with a bunch of pillows thrown onto it. Luigi smiled at it, he remembers telling Yoshi he needed a mattress but no Yoshi keeps it in here for when Luigi visits. Luigi puts down his suit case and walks back out to Yoshi.
"Alright let's a get going" Luigi sighed. Yoshi formed a smile on his face then walked out of the house with Luigi right behind him. Locked the door and left to the castle.
As they grew closer and closer to the castle Luigi could keep a pit form inside of his stomach. It had been months(?) Weeks(?), Luigi grabbed his overalls pockets and held the inside of the pocket tightly. Yoshi gave Luigi a pat on the back. Luigi took a deep breath before heading into the garden grounds just before you are able to go inside. At least he knew Daisy would be here. The Toad guards stared up at Luigi and Yoshi they quickly moved a side causing their helmets to slide over their eyes causing them to panic. Luigi held his breath to not snirk or let out even a chuckle for he knows what happens when Toads loose self confidence and he would rather not crush their little hearts. They heard distant yelling, squeaky but old. Luigi could tell that old cranky voice from anywhere.
Toadsworth came charging down the garden pathway toward Luigi and Yoshi, "Oh! Good you got him. Come, come he's been asking for you." Toadsworth wailed as he grabbed Luigi's hand and tugged on it. Luigi took his hand away from Toadsworth and followed behind him instead.
Mario lay in his bed in his room. Peach right beside him holding his hand with her white-gloved hand. Mario did not look well at all, his face was covered in purple spots, and even a mushroom was growing on his head. Luigi stepped in he looked horrified. Purple mushrooms, it was like the Shroobs from so long ago. Oh, those were horrible times. Peach looked over at the both of them as Toadette put another cold pad on Mario's head. Luigi stood there at the end of the bed. Mario turned his head to look at Luigi tired.
"Luigi?" Mario let out weakly. Luigi felt a lump form inside his throat. "You came to see me, I have a favour to ask.".
"What is it?" Luigi looked was Mario confused.
"We've.. Run out of 1-up mushrooms we gave them all to King Koopa." Mario muttered.
"I will not steal from the Koopa kingdom. " Luigi quickly responded standing up straight.
"We have not said where to get them, Luigi," Peach started.
"No, I know where this goes you mention giving them all up to Bowser, For his kids might I add that Mario beat the absolute shit out of them!" Luigi raised his voice.
Peach stood up and got close to Luigi, "You're brother's life is on the line Luigi!".
"And their lives were too you bunch of selfish horrid people!" Luigi shouted, he stomped his foot on the ground. "You expect them to just find you things after you put the people over there at risk, do you have brain damage?!". Luigi clenched his fists. "And you Mario! You pretty much left me to die when Peach was kidnapped! If Bowser did not come and catch me I would have died!".
"Luigi he is still your brother!" Peach shouted at Luigi getting closer to him.
"And I am his brother too!" Luigi shoved Peach away from him making her fall over. He turned around and left. Yoshi followed right behind him with Toadsworth shouting at him.
Luigi stormed out, he felt his body shaking and the lump in his throat get bigger and bigger inside. He felt tears weld up in his eyes as he went through the front garden pushing through any Toad in his way. Yoshi kept behind him trying to reason with Luigi but he was done. Luigi felt too much at the moment. He wanted to go back. Make sure they were safe. He needed to be with them. He grabbed his suitcase back over at Yoshi's house. Then rolled out.
"Where are you going, Luigi?!" Yoshi shrieked.
"Imma going to see Daisy, I am tired of this crap," Luigi grumbled and walked out of Yoshi's house. "Where is she staying? If it's the castle could you ask her to see me?".
Yoshi looked at Luigi confused, "Daisy is not here, she has not visited since Mario started growing those mushrooms a week ago".
Luigi looked at Yoshi and took the letter out of his bag, "But she sent me this."
Yoshi looked at it and shook his head, "Diasy doesn't know how he looks now.".
Luigi felt his fist clench further he ripped up the letter in his hand and dropped it onto the ground. He grabbed his suitcase again and stormed away you could hear his boots click and clack on the ground as he even shoved Toads away from himself.

Bowser rocked in his big rocking chair with a net back so his spikes did not pierce through the back of the chair. He held Bowser jr and Larry close as he rocked. Bowser hummed to himself as he rocked with his eyes closed. He felt so at peace, everything was fine for the day. The kids got some new toys and how they were playing with them with the older kids, while Bowser jr and Larry were asleep on him. He heard a few doors open and close. The castle was quiet by this hour, who on earth was opening and closing doors near the bedrooms? Bowser took a deep breath and then sat up with the kids cradling them both in each arm. He slowly made his way down the hallway of the bedrooms. He looked at each room that had their light on, Wendy's and Morton's, Roy and Ludwig's, Lemmy and Iggy's were off, and Larry and Jr were with him. One more room was Luigi's he stopped in front of the door for a moment. He first went to put Bowser jr and Larry to bed tucked them into their bunks and gave them a gentle kiss on the head. He went back to Luigi's room where he only heard Luigi putting his things away. Bowser knocked on the door.
"Come in" Luigi sighed.
Bowser entered the room, "Why back so early?".
Luigi looked at him, his eyes were red and puffy. "Nothing for me there..."
"What happened? " Bowser asked.
Luigi took a deep breath and began, everything from when he arrived and when he tried to leave.

"
When Luigi was leaving he was surrounded by Toad guards with Donkey Kong, and whatever they were brothers Wario and Waluigi. Luigi tried to go around them but they threatened him with following him all the way to Koopa kingdom to get some 1-ups themselves. Luigi shouted at them that the Koopa kingdom had no 1-ups they had nothing to help Mario. Nothing! But did they listen? no. Luigi had to escape using one of the beams and manholes to get out he remembered using, or at least a baby version of him using when the Shroobs attacked. It took him forever to get back on foot, the whole rest of the day. '

Bowser looked at Luigi worried and horrified, he hugged Luigi tightly. He could feel Luigi clench but he kept Luigi close. "Thank you" He uttered. Luigi calmed a little when Bowser said that so he hugged back tired. It was a very long day. Bowser picked up Luigi to hold him better without having Luigi dangle in the air. Bowser rested his head against Luigi until he felt Luigi's arms slide off. He looked at Luigi who was passed out now in his arms. He sighed and smiled. Bowser laid Luigi down on the bed and tucked him in. Luigi curled up on the bed. Bowser leaned down and gave Luigi a kiss on the head after taking off his hat. He then went to his own bedroom to sleep.