chapter 13

A couple days later harry and Severus return to riddle manor to have a discussion with tom as harry needs to talk about what happened at his school and Severus needs to talk to his dad about the argument they had that coursed him to cut off contact for six months for which they both know they are in major trouble for and that they have to answer to the head of their family for.

"Right harry go to your room I need to have a talk to your grandad in private for a bit I will call you when we are ready to speak to you about your deplorable behaviour." Severus tells harry. 

Severus goes to his fathers study and knocks on the door and enters when he hears his father give him the go ahead to enter.

"hello father I wish to discuss the argument we had that was my fault and why I cut contact for six months and then accept any punishment you see fit to give me as the head of this family and then we need to discuss the issue with harry and his schooling"

tom waves his hand to indicate he has the floor 

"First the day we had that argument I was stressed out my boss had me do back to back surgeries for five days straight with little sleep and when you tried to tell me I needed to sleep I snapped at you when I was frustrated at my boss you was just a convenient target and then I cut contact because I didn't want to deal with the look on your face when I told you I wished you were dead I will never get that out my head it is by far the worst thing i have ever said in anger and I can't apologise enough for it and I'm not expecting you to just forgive me I know its going to take time to rebuild what i broke between us but I do love you dad and I'm lucky to have you as a father and head of this family."

"Thank you son I do accept your apology and your explanation but you are right it is going to take time to rebuild our relationship and the trust I had in you to be able to look after yourself as you have proven if left to your own devices you will fall apart so here is what is going to happen I am going to speak to your boss and you are going on light duties for a while and you will move back in here and I will have final say over all disciplinary matters regarding yourself and your son until further notice as it is clear harry has gone off the rails and nothing you have done has worked to put him back in line so now its my turn. there will be new rules and clear expectations that he will  have to follow or there will be consequences for him.I have decided not to punish him for why he got suspended from school this time and I am going to get him back into school as soon as possible after I have explained the rules and expectations for him. why don't you go and get him and we will discuss this with him."