7

The sound of waves hitting the shore and the smell of salt was amazing, but I wasn't really enjoying them thanks to my situation right now.

"So you'll lecture me like mom did?" I asked wondering why dad brought me here alone.

"Well she had to, you're her son and that's what normal mothers do" dad replied, he didn't sound angry anymore.

"Listen, I know she said a lot of mean and unnecessary things yesterday but we're just worried, we do love you and have faith in you but your brother wasn't- it's just that we didn't expect this"

"Dad I failed school, ofcourse you and mom had to say that" I said looking up at the sky as dad stayed silent.

"You don't have to be the flexible parent anymore, I understand how you feel, just let it out, I know why you're both disappointed, you have the right to be, even I am disappointed in myself" I continued.

"No Andy, I will never be disappointed in you and never will mom be, you're our son and whatever happens we'll love you, we just want the best for you" he said as we both stayed silent.

"I'll be honest ever since you were young you scared me, you were different, didn't want to make friends, didn't like to talk much, lied alot, behaved more aggressive than kids your age, me and mom got worried"

"That I might be a psychopath?" I said laughing a bit, dad just forced a laugh out.

"No, ofcourse not, no, you are okay, we made sure of that later, and when your sister was borned, you started acting differently, instead you made her that cool stroller when we couldn't afford one, using only broken toys, oh and and remember that time you made her a swing?" His tone lighten as he spoke.

"Yea, it was fun" I smiled remembering the days when I didn't have to study.

"Ahem, anyway I don't believe you're stupid Andy, I believe you're a genius, and like many brilliant people who fail at the beginning, this might be just the end of your beginning where you'll see things alot more clearly and differently" his voice was full of enthusiasm.

"Really dad? A genius?" I chucked taking a bite of my hotdog.

"Yeah and don't think me thinking that way means you get to fail again" dad said trying to be stern which he isn't good at.

"So when is my redo? And when will the summer course start?" I asked trying to figure what the principal told my dad while my English teacher was lecturing me.

"They'll contact us later and tell us everything we need to know, you better start studying if you don't want to repeat the entire year again, I don't want my son to lose a year of his life like this" dad said standing up and stretching his limbs.

It was getting late already, my brother is probably worried thinking dad drowned me in the sea.

"And don't tell mom we ate outside, she already made your favourite food at home since she felt bad about yesterday" dad added as I quickly finished my last piece of my sandwich.

"And when I get my paycheck I'll get you a tutor, I got a few recommended" he continued as we sat waiting for the bus.

"You mean your five paychecks your boss keeps in his pocket" I corrected him.

"Hey, that's for me and your mom to fight about when we have nothing to do" he replied.

"But why is doing this tho?" I asked glad the subject changed.

"Cause he can, and I don't want to take the risk so I can't stop him" he answered.

"Why not, the worse that can happen is you'll look for another job, which you'll easily get thanks to your years of experience" I said and dad's smile only faded as he looked down.