Chapter 7

Dex's POV

I could tell something changed when Sophie kissed Keefe. The look in her eye was a sort of longing for him.

I mean, I am a bit jealous that Sophie doesn't like me but I'll always be Sophie's best friend so yeah, I'm okay. I could tell some people (Ahem... Fitz) were not so happy.

Anyways, after the long Sokeefe smoochfest, Biana and Marella practically dragged Sophie into Biana's room for a makeover. I could hear Sophie's cries for help echoing into the room. 

Meanwhile, I was stuck with Keefe and Wonderboy.

Fitz was glaring at Keefe while I was basically trying to go invisible. For the record, Fitz started it.

"So, Keefe.... Making a move on MY girl, huh?" Fitz said with a sneer.

Keefe looked a bit confused. "What do you mean? She's not yours... Foster's a human being, not a toy." 

"She likes me and your trying to steal her! So called best friend, huh?"

Keefe just looked down but I could tell he was super annoyed. Fitz turned to me.

"Isn't Sophie better with me anyways? Dex?" He asked, giving me a pointed stare.

I just shrugged. "Maybe you should ask, ahem, Sophie."

Fitz frowned at me but Keefe nodded. The room stayed relatively silent until about 10 minutes after the blowup. The door creaked open. I heard Biana shout, "Here comes the lovely ladies!"

First, Marella walked in. She was wearing a bright red cold shoulder dress with gold shoes.

Next, Sophie came in, almost tripping over her own feet. She had a ice blue, long sleeved top with a white jean skirt. She gave me a smile when I gave her a thumbs up.

Lastly, Biana came in with a confident look on her face. She looked stunning with a violet dress. I was surprised at myself that I noticed how much more pretty she looked today. And she looked beautiful every day.

 She must have noticed me staring, because her cheeks tinted pink as did mine.

The girls sat back down and Marella quickly suggested that we play spin the bottle. Sophie and I groaned loudly.

"Jinx!" Sophie said, still grumbling.

"But, Soph! Don't you wanna kiss your guy again!?" Marella said, so loud that Della and Alden probably heard her.

Biana shushed her while Sophie turned bright red and hid behind her golden hair.

"Wait, guys! How bout we do it where you have to kiss people based on how much you like them! So like, a peck on the cheek, a peck on the lips, and a full on liplock!" Biana suggested.

We all agreed that was a slight bit better than spin the bottle.

"Okay, I'll go first, I guess!" Keefe said, "Right, Foster?"

She turned red again while Fitz scowled.

Keefe walked up to Marella and gave her a peck on the cheek. Then he walked over to Biana and gave her a quick peck on the lips. 

When he did this, I saw Sophie frown at how he kissed Biana on the lips. Keefe must have seen this too because when he went up to Sophie, he whispered into her ear.

"Don't be jealous, Foster. I like you best." He said softly.

She smiled shyly and replied, "I- I like you too."

Keefe looked a bit surprised. "Really?"

She nodded and leaned in to kiss him. They ended up in a liplock that lasted FOREVER. And, I didn't even feel any pangs of jealousy. I've moved on. But... Fitz clearly hadn't.

As soon as Keefe and Sophie broke their kiss, Fitz asked Sophie if he could talk to her on the balcony.

She hesitated, but nodded slowly. She stood up and walked out with Fitz.

Sophie's POV 

When Fitz asked me to talk to him alone, I hesitated. I liked Keefe, not him. But... I still wanted to be friends so I thought, may as well just talk to him.

I followed him out of the room and onto the balcony. We leaned against the railing, looking out onto the Vacker's lawn. I spoke first.

"So... What's up?" I asked.

He responded fast. "What do you see in Keefe?"

"What do you mean?" I was confused.

He scoffed. "You like him, don't you? Why?"

I responded slowly. "Well, he's super sweet, smart, handsome, and just a great person."

Fitz scowled at me. Why was he LIKE this? 

"You're making a horrible choice, dating him." 

I crossed my arms. "Am not."

Then, Fitz did something that surprised me. 

He kissed me.

A/N:

Hey!!! <333 I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Okay, am I the only one who misses the books where Dex was more involved in Sophie's life? I loved those days!!!🥺🥺🥺

Chapter Questions:

1. What do you think will happen next?!?

2. Weirdest KotLC Ship?

3. Feedback?

Thanks so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed it! Please vote and comment!!! ✨✨✨

- coolbeansss151

*special thanks to all my followers, check the dedication!*