🐬Grian and Y/N🐬

"Morning!" A very happy Grian walked through the door. He had a goofy grin on his round face and he stretched his wings of crimson and azure wide. The merigold accented feathers glimmered in the morning sun. He walked over to the side of the bed and set down the tray of pancakes, maple syrup and OJ. He smiled warmly. "I hope you slept well. Lets go check out the rift once you finish your brekkie(Breakfast)!" She said as he gave you a quick hug.

You walked out of the house, admiring his handiwork. The house your chirpy roommate built was the best. It was bif and strong and had everytjing you could ever want. But there was no time for Daily admiration of his architectural skills, as you had to assist him in studying the strange, purple rift below the house, in the caves.

"Oh, You finally arrived!" Grian popped out from a doorway that led to the main resesrch centre. He flapped his kaleidoscopic wings cheerily. "Yep. So.. Any new discoveries?" You responded with a smile. He was always so happy. It was adorable, not in a romantic way, but a puppy way.
You scurryed over to the window that showed the rift best. It had an ominous, violet glow, and seemed mistier as you looked deeper. "Well... I have recorded ripples in the surface. And footage shows that small... purpley blobs with one red eye have been coming and going through it." He sounded nervous.
"Endermites? Where does the rift lead?" You ask, concerned. "Am i allowed to go in to find out?" He timidly looked into your eyes. It was dangerous, but he had the best puppy dog eyes and-

"Make sure you wear your proper gear!" You call to him. The mask muffles the sound, but it sounded like he responded with "I will!". You watched closely as he stood infront of the towering rift. Grian took a deep breath, took ONE step closer and-

A strange, loud screech erupted trom the purple mist. Grian jumped. A large, dark indigo warden stepped out of the glowing portal. It towered over the tiny bird, making his feathers rustle with fear. "H-Hello. I-I'm G-Grian. Are you f-friendly?" He asked, his childlike innocence and curiousity getting the best of him. The warden stared down at him and grunted. Is leant down and swipwd at him with its hand.

You and him screamed. You watched helplessly as the beast grabbed his skimpy body amd tore his head off of it. His defeaning screams and cries instantly stopped. Blood flew everywhere. The abomination threw the two pieces to the floor. It used one mammpth foot to pulverise the corpse, before wandering back inside the portal.

𝘎𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘯 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘣𝘺 𝘐𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘨𝘢𝘯 𝘞𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘮
𝘠/𝘕: 𝘚𝘊𝘈𝘙? 𝘔𝘜𝘔𝘉𝘖? 𝘙𝘌𝘕? 𝘐 𝘕𝘌𝘌𝘋 𝘏𝘌𝘓𝘗
𝘙𝘌𝘕: 𝘞𝘏𝘈𝘛 𝘏𝘈𝘗𝘗𝘌𝘕𝘌𝘋? 𝘞𝘏𝘈𝘛 𝘐𝘚 𝘈𝘕 𝘐𝘕𝘋𝘐𝘎𝘈𝘕 𝘞𝘈𝘙𝘋𝘌𝘕?
𝘚𝘊𝘈𝘙: 𝘐𝘚 𝘎𝘙𝘐𝘈𝘕 𝘖𝘒?
𝘠/𝘕: 𝘑𝘜𝘚𝘛 𝘊𝘖𝘔𝘌 𝘏𝘌𝘙𝘌.

"No...." The hermits gathered around grian's wrecked corpse. Tears streamed to the floor, soft sobs filling the cave.
"We best move what we can before something exits this rift." Red said. He had spoken in a monotone. Silent nods came shortly after as they gathered what they could and dragged it to the surface.

You sat in your room, crying. You don't want to go to his funeral. You can't. You miss his breakfast waffles, his warm smile, his happiness. You miss him. "Come on, y/n." Ren gently knocked on the door. "Its his funeral." He said calmly. You rubbed your tear-filled eyes and stood up, shaking. Your wrists seared with pain, but you trudged over to the door in your black clothes nevertheless. You slowly opened the door. "Oh geez. You look terrible." Ren was taken aback, but he took a breath and gently took your hand. "It will be ok. Trust me. If you truly need to, you can cry."

You could barely hold it in. His casket was colourful, reminding you of him.
It was too much. You remember Ren finishing the speech before everyine started yelling as you blacked out.