Chapter Eleven

Nyah

Pure bliss would be the only way to describe this moment. Ivan held me in his arms, looking at this magnificent view, with me in his jacket and him cautiously behind me with his hands on my waist. He's enduring his fear because I asked him to.
I turn around and face him, putting my hands on his chest then letting them rest on his shoulders.
"So, Bali, huh?" I said, referring back to the location of our honeymoon.
He tugged me closer to him, his eyes darkening. "You wanna go?" He asked, his voice rough, sending a ripple of need through my entire body.
"Why wouldn't I want to go?"
He shrugged, rubbing his hand up and down my back.
"Ivan?"
"Nyah," he said in response, moving aside a strand of my hair that got in the way of my eyes.
"Thank you for marrying me," I whispered.
His jaw clenched again and I heard him swallow. But before he could respond, I dragged him down kissing him hard. My fingers wove their way into his hair, pulling him tighter to me.
His hand moved down my waist, to my hip then my ass, he squeezed and groaned, sending my coherent thoughts into a frenzy.
He pulled back, pressing his forehead on mine. "You're a bit drunk," he said against my lips.
"I'm not!"
"I can taste the wine on your lips, love," he said, pulling back completely but keeping his hands on my waist.
"Ivan, I want you now," I told him, desperation evident in my voice. God, I was drunk.
"You will be the end of me," he said, his voice husky. "But when I finally take you, I want you to be sober, I want you to be able to feel every single sensation without the barrier of being drunk, do you understand?" He asked, making my knees wobble.
"Yes," I breathed, looking up at him.
"Good," he said, scooping me into his arms. "Let's get you to bed then,"
"Will you sleep beside me?" I asked, touching his face.
"It's all I want to do, Nyah,"
"Me too," I mumbled, putting my head on his shoulder and breathing in his masculine scent that I was beginning to be addicted to.
Not just his scent, actually. I realized now, being held in his arms, that I was becoming addicted to all of him.
Was that a good thing?

~~~

"Nyah," I felt his warm hand on my cheek and cuddled closer to his chest, but there was no chest, he was no longer laying down beside me. I opened my eyes and found him on the side of the bed, wearing a t-shirt and sweatpants.
I looked out the window, it was still dark, our flight wouldn't be for a few hours still.
"Come on, let's have breakfast," he whispered, standing up. "Eliana got your clothes ready," he said, nodding towards a folded stack of clothing on a desk in the corner of the bedroom.
Eliana took care of nearly everything and I couldn't be more grateful for her. She booked us into the luxury suite, and made sure that there was only one bed, but even so, it seemed that didn't stop Ivan from sleeping on the couch, the evidence, two throw pillows and a rumpled blanket, was still there.
I got out of bed, took the clothes into the bathroom and began to wash up, my head pounding from last night's champagne and wine.
Having changed into the sweats Eliana got ready for me, which was matching with the ones Ivan was already wearing, I left the bedroom and found him sitting on the couch, his brows furrowed at his phone.
He saw me by the door and gave me a smile. "Ready?" He asked.
"Mhm," I nodded.
"Our luggage is already in the car, we have three hours before we have to be at the airport so we still have time,"
He grabbed my hand and led me out of the room, taking me down the stairs and past the dining room of the hotel, towards the exit.
"Isn't breakfast that way?" I asked, pointing towards the dining room.
"No, I set up a private one for us, I have a surprise for you," he answered, tugging me closer to him when we finally walked out of the hotel and into the chilly morning. "How are you feeling?"
"My head hurts, but it's bearable, you?"
"I'm fine," he said, looking down at me, his brows furrowed with concern. "How much did you drink last night?" He asked, leading me into a narrow alleyway towards the back of the hotel. It was still quiet, the rare car passing by the only noise. Even the birds were still sleeping.
"I have no idea, but I'm okay, it's getting better."
We walked out into the parking lot, which for some reason was empty except for one car; a boxwood green, vintage Ford Bronco with a white ribbon on it. The only way I knew the name of it was because I've been wanting that exact car ever since I first discovered it.
I gasped, then stopped walking, tugging Ivan with me. "Ivan!" I whisper yelled. "That's gotta be a surprise for someone, what if they're filming, come on let's go back," I said, trying to pull him back towards the alley.
He looked at me then let out a laugh. A real laugh, the sound sending a shiver down my spine and my heart melting at how his face brightened.
He pulled me to his chest, kissing the top of my head. "You're adorable, you know that?" He said, shaking his head. He took something out of his pocket; the keys for the car and handed it to me. "The car's for you, love." He smiled.
Still reeling from the affects his smile had on me, I stared at him like a lunatic. "What?" I asked, bewildered.
He turned to the car then at me. "The car is my gift to you," he said as if it was self explanatory.
"What?" I exclaimed, pleasantly surprised. "Ivan, are you kidding?" I let go of his hand and walked to the car, examining it all around and he just watched me with that damn smile on his face. "This is for me?" I asked.
"Yes," he nodded.
"But how did you know? How did you know I wanted this exact one?"
He shrugged. "Eliana told me,"
Of course she did. I smiled and hugged him impulsively, wrapping my arms around his waist and resting my head on his chest. "Thank you, thank you, thank you," I giggled.
He pulled back, his hands running up and down my arms. "So you wanna take it for a drive before we go?"
"Yes!" I grinned then realized I didn't have a gift for him. "Wait, I don't have a gift for you though," I said, suddenly feeling embarrassed. Why didn't I think of that?
"You are my gift, Nyah, I don't need more,"
Stunned by his words, I could do nothing else but follow him when he led me to the driver's side of the bronco and he handed me the key again, this time, I had the right state of mind to actually take it.
He opened the door for me and let me in, then went around to the passenger's side.
I was mesmerized by the interior; it was white leather with gold accents and modernized luxury. This car is a dream.
"I'm assuming you know how to drive," he said as I started the car.
"Of course I do, Eliana taught me," I grinned, shifting the gear on drive and pressing on the gas.
"Shit," he muttered as we sped out of the parking lot.

~~~

When we got back from our exhilarating drive from the hotel down to the beach where we ate breakfast while watching the sun rise, Ivan looked like he was about to throw up.
I laughed, watching him run his hand through his hair. "You okay?" I asked.
"You drive like a headless chicken walks," he said, shaking his head.
I laughed again and he smiled. He checked his watch. "Shit," he said. "We're gonna be late for our flight," he grabbed my hand and sped walked out of the parking lot, me having to jog to keep up with his long strides until we were in front of the hotel again, where his car and Gillian, our designated driver, were waiting for us.
"We need to get here in thirty, you think we can make it?" Ivan asked him.
"If we leave now, I can get you there in twenty," Gillian replied, earning a curt nod from Ivan. He ushered me into the back seat, sitting beside me then slamming the door shut. "Ready?" He asked me, searching my face.
I gave him a smile. "Ready."