Chapter Twenty Two

Nyah

If there was anything I wouldn't give up on, it was Ivan and I.
I messed up by saying the things I said to him, he didn't deserve to hear any of that and I was mad at myself for even thinking about saying them but dammit, couldn't he at least answer his phone?
I missed him so much and the more he ignored me, the more I became desperate to speak to him.
I called him again but still no answer so I texted him, asking to call me and right when I sent it, my phone died.
I was staying with Uncle Dev and I fricking forgot my charger at Ivan's house so that was another thing that made me feel really stupid, if he did call, I wouldn't even be able to answer it.
I checked the time on the clock on my bedroom wall, it was still pretty early and if I wanted to speak to Ivan, I had to go to him. The only thing was, I didn't know where he was.
I grabbed my keys from the cabinet by the door but it was stuck in the drawer and I yanked it out and one of the other keys attached flew out, clinking on the tiled floor where it fell. I picked it up and realized it was the key for Ivan's lodge.
The plan formed in my head slowly as I began to collect my things. Packing up my clothes into my suitcase and all of my books into a big reusable bag. I was gonna go home to the place only we knew of and wait for him. I hoped too, that he was already there.
I was about to text uncle Dev to let him know I was leaving but then remembered my phone was dead. I went down to the Fourier, lugging all of my things with me. None of his butlers or maids were there either so I decided to just leave and call him as soon as I got to the lodge.
I put my stuff in the back of my car, got in and drove off.
I debated on whether I should buy dinner or make dinner and knowing the result of me trying to cook dinner last time, I drove to a restaurant nearby and bought Ivan and I a meal, just in case he came or was already at the lodge.
When I got to the lodge, I realized I still forgot to go back to the Villa for my phone charger and slapped my forehead for forgetting, I really didn't feel like driving again so I just hauled my stuff into the lodge and let myself in.
To my disappointment, it was empty and it lacked my husband.
I went outside again to check if I forgot something in the car and a man in a bright orange vest tipped his yellow hat at me.
"Are you Mrs. Volkov, ma'am?" He asked.
"Yes, that's me," I said, a little cautious as to what this man was doing out here.
"Well, the library is finished, and the furniture has been moved in, you just need your books and it's ready to be used," he smiled.
Ah, the library, so much has happened the past few days that I completely forgot about the damn library.
"Oh, thank you so much, does Ivan know?" I asked.
"We're still trying to reach him, ma'am, but we'll let him know too,"
At least I wasn't the only one he was ignoring.
"Ok, thanks,"
"You have yourself a good day, ma'am,"
"You too," I said, forcing out a smile and got back into the lodge to get all my books to transfer them into the library.
This better keep me distracted.