Chapter 3

Serena's POV

"What's the situation? Can you fix it?" May asked to August while she was reviewing the dead code. Meanwhile, Dawn was sitting beside her, biting her nails. The whole floor was there near our cubicle. It was first in the past 3 years since any code been dead. And Dawn, for the first did this mistake. As I was seeing them, my head started aching more. I kept my hand on my head, and my eyes tightly closed. The pain is increasing quite linearly.

"Hey Serena, you, okay?" Calem asked while putting his hands on my shoulders.

"Yeah, am fine. Just a little bit of headache." I replied.

"Serena, come here." August called me, to which I made a nod and approached her.

"Everyone else, back to work. Long weekend incoming. It means today's the deadline." May announced, while clapping her hands together. Calem, Kelly and others went back to their own cubicle, while I dragged my chair and sat beside August.

"Serena, the code is whole dead. Nothing can be done. What's the status of Elementary machines?" she asked.

"The EM is ready, and the program has no bugs. I just need to review it again." I replied.

"And the Dashboard alerts?" she asked.

"I have asked May and Shauna to check all the alerts. And also guided them to message Trent immediately if any overload alert comes." I replied.

"Hmm, how much time would it take to review the EM?" she asked.

"The program is quite long. Plus, the cogs have been made in quite in number. Now since this admin cog code is dead. I have to review each cog more carefully." I replied.

"Let Dawn handle that. You now work on this code. Use all the stacks required, but put this code working. And I am expecting that only you can do it." She spoke. Ah hell nah! Man, I am now tired. First the headache, and now this rewrite of code.

"Ah, uh.... Alright, will try my best." I replied.

"See Serena, you're the only one in the team who can review the dead script with all attention. Calem is busy with Francis's program, and he has 0 knowledge on dead scripts. Same with May and Shauna. You're the only one who can solve this. I am putting the trust on you." She spoke, to which I made a small sigh and shook my head to which she smiled.

"But one condition, today's dinner on you." I spoke.

"Done." She replied, while giving me a thumbs up. She got up off the chair and went back to her office room. I turned myself to Dawn, wh had an apologetic face.

"Hey, I am sorry. Because of me, you have to do all the work." She spoke.

"Nah, it's fine. Now you go and review the EM. Meanwhile, let me fix this child cry." I replied, while turning my face to the screen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been 4 hours since I had started this code, and it's still not responding correctly. My head is aching more and more now. In the past 2 hours, the headache is continuing, and sems to be growing little by little. Come on Serena, do something now. Don't waste your time now Serena, do something!!

As I was focusing on my screen, I noticed someone keeping a cup of tea on my desk. I lifted my head p, just to see that it was Calem.

"Still having trouble?" he asked.

"Yes, a little. Tis code is still not responding." I replied while picking up the cup of tea. Calem bent down and looked at the screen. "Also, thanks for the tea." I continued, while taking a sip.