Chapter 8

Ash's POV

"The date was 17th of September, 2022, when Serena lost her consciousness for the first time, in the Strauss cafe." I said, while Dr Stokes and Dr Li were reading some reports.

"According to the reports provided by the officials, this was the first time Serena's headache affected her mental health resulting in a loss in consciousness. Am I correct?" Dr Stokes asked, to which I made a nod.

"Another report by the same official stated that the conversation between Ms August Ms Serena was held in the victim as a concussion of words. Am I correct?" Dr Sethuraman asked.

"Yes. The conversation seemed to had an impact on Serena that day which led to her loss in consciousness." I replied.

"Dr Ketchum there's also a mention by one of the officials that you were acting weird and stopping others for just a few minutes before taking Ms Serena to the hospital. Can you tell us why?" Dr Stokes asked. I took a small breathe framing the reason for myself.

"It was some personal reasons." I replied. As I replied, all the doctors sitting turned their necks and saw each other, until they finally came to me.

"May we get to know the reason?" Dr Sethuraman asked. I gulped a little and saw them face to face, as I continued to think about that day.

*/The Reminiscence/*

"Serena open your eyes!" I shouted while bending down and rubbing her palms. Meanwhile Gary and Mike along with Avery joined.

"Everything alright?" Mike asked.

"Doesn't seem to be. Ash check her forehead and chest, Gary check her temperature. Mike, you and me gonna count the pulse. Everyone fine?"

"On it." We trio replied. And did what Avery said. As I kept my hand chest, I could feel light bumps on her chest. The forehead was very warm. Felt like an oven.

"Temperature seems pretty high. 102 assumption to be noted." I replied.

"Hand palms too pretty warm. Could feel sizzles near her wrist. Seems like temporary decrease in blood flow. Gary said.

"Pulse seems to be OK. It's a lost in consciousness." Avery said.

"Still the temperature seems to be increasing." Gary replied.

"Same with the blood flow. BP seems pretty high. Need of a bed." I said.

"Wait am calling an ambulance." Calem spoke, while taking his phone out. No no, the Care hospital is nearby. I better do something. I lifted my wrist to check the time. It was 1:35 pm.

"Wait, it's lunch time, they gonna take their time to come. Gary take out the car, we taking her to Red Rock." I replied.

"Alright." Gary replied with a nod while making his way out.

"Wait wait, you taking her to Clearwater? But the Care hospital is just half a mile away." Dawn spoke.

"No we can't." I replied, and bent down to see Serena's condition.

"Woah woah, wait. Why?" Calem asked.

"You don't need to know the reason." I replied.

"Wait wait! What do you mean by that? My friend is dying here, and we need to get to a hospital as fast as we can." Calem said.

"Are you taking her to your hospital just because of profits?" May asked, with an anger expression.

"I would never do that. Don't assume your own facts. Serena is in danger, and I am doing what's perfect for her." I replied, while checking her pulse.

"Ash there's no time for the old wounds to face Serena's blood oxygen level is dropping. We need to have her in glucose." Mike spoke, while rubbing her hands.

"Ash please don't stop right now. It's the matter of fact that it's gonna take more time for us to reach Clearwater. The best is Care. Please Ash." Avery requested.

"Dr Ketchum, I don't know why are resisting and I don't want to know. But please, do something. My friend is in danger. Please." Dawn requested with a drop of tear visible on her eye.

What shall I do now? How can I just stop there from taking her to Care. The wounds of my past aren't filled yet. The reason of the wounds are still there. What shall I do?

Suddenly my eyes turned to Serena lying there on the floor, with her breathes little. I realised something then.

I am a doctor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Doctor please check if Serena's alright now or not." Calem requested to one of the doctors near the reception =, to which he made a nod and took Serena in a stretcher into the emergency room, while Dawn, August and other were sitting just outside it.

"You did the right job." I turned around to see it was Gary who spoke.

"I had to. Otherwise it would have been too late." I replied, while looking down to the floor. I lifted m head up and saw all around the place. It's been a while since I had came here.

As I was just thinking, Calem approached me, with a little anger on his face. Aight, it's time to face them first.

"Excuse me Dr Ketchum. May I know why were you acting so much back in the cafe?" He asked, with a little aggression.

"See my friend, I know you are pissed off. And anyone would be. But I have a very good reason for it, but's it's personal and you will get nothing from it. Now please, go where you have to be. Your coworkers need you with them." I replied, to which he made a small sigh, and left. I could see that his question was still not answered. But I can't help myself on just telling him all the past. I then just started leaving the hospital premises.

"Yo, where you going?" Gary asked.

"Getting some flowers for the one whom I was ignoring." I replied and made my way out. As I stopped out, my eyes fell on a flower shop on the other side. I made my way there and saw different types of flowers with different colours. As I made my way, the worker lady approached me.

"Hello sir, how may I help you?" She asked.

"Please give those yellow dandelions in a form of a bouquet please." I replied.

"Alright, may I ask for whom this is for. Seemed to kind of old fashion while comparing to the current world." She asked.

"It's for my mom." I replied, to which she made her way to the dandelions.

As I stood there, waiting for her to give the flowers to me, the past memories started flooding inside me. I still remember those times. Those pains and of course the hard-work I had to do, just to make all the things right.

Those incidents in the past just made me more depressed. The thought so my mom and my family just kills me within and the smile in which I guess am very good at fades away.

Just thinking about those things, makes my heart drown in my own blood and my brain stops sensing sensitive things. The more I think about it, the more truths within me comes out. And the real thing is that, am just manipulating myself and having no interests on my surrounding.

The more thoughts come, the more my inner myself gets fade away. Common questions of how I got in here always hunts me, but I couldn't resist them to just slice me through.

What's the point of me then?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New chapter is here guys!

Hope you liked it. Thanks for all the supports and votes :)

Keep Voting 😉