Chapter 10

Ash's POV

"You have to come here everyday to take your chemo, so we suggest you to just stay here. We provide special quarters to all the patients having cancer." Kyle said.

"Alright." Serena replied, in the most dead tone as possible. After the results of the CT scan came, it was our duty to tell the patient right away. The first reaction of her felt like she was thinking we were joking, but then when she realised the truth, the smile on her face just faded away within a second.

And here we are, telling her the medications, while she's just there sitting on the bed, with a lifeless place. I have seen many cancer and tumour cases in my life, and specially cases of pretty young adults like Serena. But here what I am witnessing is quite different.

Seeing her makes me sad. It feels like she's starting to have bad thoughts. More of a depression. And depressions are the key enemy in cases of cancer.

"Hey Serena, do you want the others to know about the diagnosis?" I asked.

"Is it something to hide Dr Ketchum? Or it's just you're just showing some sympathy towards me after all of this." She replied. More kind of a mock.

"Serena please calm down. I didn't mean to say this in any bad way." I replied, trying to calm her.

"S-sorry Dr Ketchum. I didn't mean to mock you for anything. I am sorry. I just panicked a little. You can tell others. I am okay with that." She replied, with the similar low voice, while composing herself. Man, she's really taking things negative.

"Alright." I replied and kept my hand on Serena's shoulder. She in a surprise looked up but calmed down within a second.

"See Serena, I know you have many things in your brain right now. But the one thing you have to focus onto is that extra piece of tissue in your brain which is making you sad. Now it's your job to fight it." I spoke, to which she made a small smile.

"I guess I can try." She replied.

I made a small smile and made my way out along with Gary. Time to tell everyone about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"And that's how it is." I explained. I could see tears forming in Dawn's eyes. Calem and August were looking down in sorrow. Man, this would be very difficult for them.

"Can we see her?" Calem asked.

"Only one at a time please. We prefer not to disturb the patient more." Kyle replied, to which everyone nod.

One by one everyone went inside the room to meet her. I was just standing there, and was trying my best not too listen through the conversations. I guess, I can just get a cup of coffee for me.

Serena's POV

I was just lying there on the bed, meanwhile Dawn was continuously crying. I guess, this was the reason for the pain that day. There's something big in brain, which is taking my life away.

I personally am trying my best to overcome this pain by just accepting, but still not able to. Even though Ash tried to comfort me, I got just 10% of it.

"Serena?" Dawn called me.

"Oh sorry, I was just aired out." I replied, while wiping of some sweat off my forehead. I guess, I am now having panics.

"Hey, am leaving now. I guess August wants to meet you." Dawn spoke. Oh... August still here.

"Fine, you can go." I replied, as she went outside the room. What August is after now?