Chapter 7

Ash's POV

"Whoa whoa. Why are you talking about Dr Mike's stuff here?" Dr Stokes.

"Uh... plot relevant stuff." I replied.

"Huh?" He spoke, with a clear confusion in his voice.

"Let's just... continue. Dr Ketchum, please continue." Dr Sethuraman said to which I made a nod.

*/The Reminiscence/*

Mike's POV

"What kind of thing is between us?" Avery asked.

Wait, why is she asking stuff like this. And to be honest, I have no answer to it. Moreover, how did she came to this topic.

"Hey, tell me clearly. What's the staff actually commenting?" I asked.

"Doesn't it clear anything? Of course they are asking about our relationship." She replied.

"Yeah I get it. But why are you asking this to me, like what's between us?" I asked.

"I am genuinely asking you Mike, is there some feelings in you for me?" She asked. Oh... that was quite straight.

"Of course not. You're nothing but just my friend-cum colleague." I replied.

"Oh... that's a relief." She spoke.

"Huh? Why? Were you worried for something?" I asked.

"Yes. Kinda. The comments and rumours, just made me worried a little that you might be having some feelings for me. And I just needed to confirm it. Because I was not ready for anything like that." She replied.

"Okay... but you could have just asked me about it directly. Or even if I had some feelings for you, am the guy to hide it till death." I said.

"I know. But you know, the thing is... I am really not interested to date someone, specially if he belongs to the same job as mine." She replied. Oh... that's the problem.

"Well, feel safe, because as far as I know, none of the people in the hospital is crushing on you, including me." I replied, to which she made a nod.

"You know, it kinda feels good to take this out with you." She said.

"Well am glad you told me." I replied. Aight, no more tensions.

I guess...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Serena's POV

"Well here I am in Clearwater now." Ash replied. We both had a pretty long talk. Turns out, doctors got a pretty interesting life out there.

"Wow, you went through pretty harsh time." I said.

"Yep." He replied. He told me about he ended up being a surgeon in Tampa and then in Clearwater. He's actually a pretty interesting guy. Suddenly, a loud voice came from behind.

"HOW COULD YOU DO THIS?!"

Both me and Ash turned our heads in surprise. It was Calem who shouted. He was standing up and seemed to be in shock. Others around him were also surprised.

"We should check them out." Ash spoke, to which I made a nod. We both then quickly made our way to the group. As we reached there Dawn turned to me.

"Serena there's a big problem." She said.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You remember our client of last month named Hameed?" She asked to which I nod.