That Night

Kao POV

"Nothing is going on between us! We don't see each other, we were not even a thing!! Why can't you just believe me? Pete!!!" - Kao

I knew lying to him would lead me to this, but he need to at least understand my situation. Why can't he just listen to me? I saw him walk away in anger he never listens, he never did he just gets angry at everything over anything. Calling me names and stuff, what an asshole when he is the one sleeping around. Why do I get to fall in love with him?

I made my way back to the bar but not where my friends are, I went to the other side of the bar much quieter and with fewer people, it was for the customers who wants to chill in peace and not the blaring noise of their speakers. I sat on a stool and instead of beer I ordered a whiskey.

My puffy eyes were red from crying it stings when I blink a little holding the glass in my hand and just twirling it.

"Are you gonna drink or not? Coz if not I would like to have the shot"- Khai

The person beside me slurred in a drunken state looks like he can't hold his liquor anymore grabbing onto the counter of the bar. I laughed will I look like that if I drink a couple more? Shaking my head at him trying to keep his eyes open staring at me.  The person has now his head down cheeks pressed on the wooden counter side lying facing me. He was smirking.

"You cried, sissy" - Khai

No word can ever piss me off other than what Pete told me so I just chuckled at him.

"I am maybe, does being soft-hearted count as being a sissy?"- Kao

"Oh, he talks!! Finally, a human being talking at me" - Khai

"You're drunk, and if you're looking for someone to annoy so they could beat you to death. You spoke to the wrong person better luck next time" - Kao

"Smart ass! What are you doing here" - Khai

He was annoyingly talkative. Still lying on the counter a couple of bottles empty above his head he must have drunk a lot. He will forget everything soon I guess, this little company is not so bad if you're trying to take off your mind on things.

"Why... is the bar off limits for someone like me?"- Kao

"No, you just look like someone who doesn't go to bars often?"- Kao

"More like your first time, is it?" - Khai

"Second time, cheers by the way!"- Kao

I downed the whole glass in one go, the alcohol hot and malty trailed a strong aftertaste in my throat, I'd cough a little. Beside me, I hear him clapping at me as if I'd done a good job.

"You remind me of someone"- Khai

His head turned back facing the other maybe trying to hide the expression on his face.

" I was a real asshole this time, I fucked up big." - Khai

"We all do" - Kao

I ordered another glass, twirling it again has been a favorite thing to do now to keep my hands occupied.

"What?"- Khai

He turned to me again.

"What?"- Kao

"Being an asshole or fucking up? "- Khai

"Both" - Kao

I raised my glass to him as he stood straight getting one beer that is half full and toasting to mine. We just stayed quiet drinking like old buddies so used to silence and a couple of glass clinking. At some point, we got drunk pretty badly. I had to pee and got up to head to the restroom. I got sobered up a little when I washed my face.