Out In The Open

Silence filled the room...

9 persons crowded Khai's dorm, specifically his room which has one couch in front of the bed.

2 hours ago ...

Khai had woken up with Kao snuggling at his side, like a kitten he was curled up in a ball. Khai smiled he had never been as giddy as ever when waking up.
But his musings were cut off by his vibrating phone on the bedside table.

"What is it now?"- Khai

He carefully peeled off his side from Kao and reached for the phone to not wake him up.

"KKKHHAAAAIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!" -  Two

"What the fuck..Two..stop yelling..."- Khai

He sat on the side of the bed and saw Kao shuffle on the bed.

"Mmmmmmm..." - Kao

"Khaiiii!!!" - Bone

It feels as if they are arguing over the phone.

"What is it? I'm sleeping ..." - Khai

"Khai... Have you seen the board?"- Third

This time it was serious Third's voice.

"What about it?"- Khai

"Check it you'll know, Where are you we'll go there" - Third

"At the dorms, WAIT!!!!..." - Khai

Before he can say anything more the call had ended.

"Fuck!"- Khai

"What what is it?"- Kao

Kao has just woken up and squinted his eyes. He looks adorable doing that. Anyway, I have to check out what they were saying, I placed the pillow on my lap and tapped it so Kao can lie on it which he did yawning as he made himself comfortable lying sideways facing.

"What the matter?"- Kao

"Nothing they just want me to check something out on the school web board" - Khai

"Oh? Okay" - Kao

He was talking while his eyes were closed. Really adorable, I was checking out the board. When I saw the pictures the shared photos the comments and all the posts. He looked at his sleeping Kao and back to his phone.

"No ... Kao ..." - Khai

"Mmmmm? Khai what's wrong?"- Kao

Kao eventually opened his eyes as he looked at me, those brown doe eyes that sparkled at the light. The innocence in them this can't be happening, not right now.

"Hey? Why are you tearing up? What's wrong is it bad? Khai... " - Kao

"Kao..." - Khai

"Talk to me, I'm here...It's okay" - Kao

He's too nice to be treated like this. He sat up and held both my hands squeezing them and assuring me that everything will be alright. I didn't know  I was already tearing up at the sight of him.

"Kao ... It's okay I'll protect you I promise... Okay?"- Khai

"What do you mean? Khai??"- Kao

"Kao it's ..." - Khai

The door to my dorm slammed open.

"So this is where you are?!!!"- June

In came Third, Bone, Two, and Kao's friends.
Sandee, June, Thada, and Pete. The fucker why is he here. Kao suddenly shuffled further away from me and sat at the edge of the bed, head down like he'd done something wrong.