If Love was a Sin

Love was truly a sin...

The cold and empty streets, it was a dark and dreary place...
Heaving weakly he huffed even breathing sending daggers to his chest. It was a lonely and cruel world he thought, just as he found the only thing that was supposed to raise him from the dumps he was back again.

His hand crushed, a few cuts here and there to his face. He's got a swollen eye, he lay there motionless staring at the night sky on the cold pavement. Tears formed in his eyes, he was ready to give it all but now he wasn't so sure at all.

Kao was beaten black and blue and dragged into an alley a few blocks away from Sun's Cafe. While going back home from a tutorial session. Scared they taunted him till' they beat him up, four to one he could only crouch down to protect his head. He needed to survive this, as simple as it may seem he harbored rage from someone that had every reason to beat him till he learned that this world is a cruel place for homosexuals like him.

With a few sighs he tried to get up, not wanting to feel pain more, slowly he dragged his beaten self out of the dumps he was thrown over. Darting back to Sun's Cafe he needs to get there before he felt like he was about to pass out.

"He... lp... So ..meoneeee..." - Kao

He called with his hoarse voice, he was leaning over walls to support himself. He barely can see with his swollen left eye and he was already on the verge of fainting. His shirt was bloodied as cuts and bruises covered him. He tried to call for someone but it was the dead of the night and nobody was around.
He felt weak on his knees that he slid off walls and when he was about to fall to the ground he felt a pair of arms catching him and calling out his name.

"Kao ..... Kao ...... Kao...."

Then he blacked out.

KHAI POV

It's been days since Kao left his doors and he hadn't seen a shadow of the guy. He tried calling and texting him but to no avail, it all goes to voicemail. He went in front of his home but he cower whenever he sees Kao's mother he felt guilty about all that happened to Kao and thought that it was because of him.

It hurt, he hurt Kao that bad. That is what he thought, so he let him take a breather he'd thought it will do them both good but it had been a week since he heard Kao was not going to school. He still knew about Kao's whereabouts after that day but lately, he hasn't heard from friends and classmates about anything. 

Walking by the hallways he thought hard his brow furrowed.

"Take it easy Khai, he will be back if he wants to"- Third

"I know but.."- Khai

He slung his backpack over his shoulders, while Third followed him carrying their camera they are going to shoot a project today and he has no time to be thinking things the end of the semester is coming up and he has his grades to be worried about as well. 

Then he stopped walking. Third without looking, in front bumped on his back.

"What the hell Khai! Why'd you stop so suddenly!?"- Third

"Gift?..." - Khai

"Who's Gift? wha... Khai??"- Third

"Third, I am so sorry. Can you go ahead I'll be with you in a while just... thanks Third.."- Khai

Gift was standing in the halls seemingly waiting for someone kicking the floors and clutching her bag then she saw me and her eyes lit up, though the worry in her eyes was evident she smiled at me, that familiar smile that never left my mind. It was Kao's.

"Phi! .. P'Khai right?"- Gift

"Yeah, ahh hehe you knew me?"- Khai

I unconsciously scratched my head, I never did get the chance to meet Kao's family because of the events that followed and I could only know them through Kao and I know they are nice as Kao as well. His sister had some bits and pieces of him, now I miss him even more.

"Of course, I see you at school with Phi, umm so .."- Gift

"Oh, yeah yeah so why are you here? I know the medical students don't go to this side of campus?"- Khai

"Well hmm... Phi can we sit first, I have something to tell you about P'Kao"- Gift

I nodded suddenly nervous at what she was about to say.

"It's P'Kao he is ... Uhmm he is looking for you" - Gift.

....

It was Pete that damn fucking lying son of a bitch that has no balls. He kept Kao! He kept my Kao away!!! A week has been but torture.

I stormed into the Engineering building looking for the bastard's face. When I spotted them on the benches near the football field.

"Youuu!! Motherfucker!"- Khai

I walked fast enough for him to be surprised when I was in his face and swung my fist at him in full force.
He was with Thada, June, and a Shocked Sandee.

"What the fuck!"- Pete

Was all he can mutter before I grabbed him by the collar. I growled in anger.

"Where is Kao!!!!!" - Khai

His eyes wavered looking left and right, at his friends and back at me. Third was scurrying from behind with Bone and Two following him.

"Where!!!!"- Khai

" I swear I will break your face even if you helped Kao, I fucking have the right to know... Gift she ... She told me!!"- Khai

Pete's eyes now faltered. Looking resigned.

"He only looks for you, he's at the hospital he had to stay in, I ...uh...I'm sorry. I thought that If I cared for him keep him beside me, he'll eventually come around..but... He only looks for you... Heck even when he first woke up he asks for you! Fuck!"-Pete

He swatted my hands away as he was at the table wobbling on his feet.

"Fuck!!! fuck!! fuck!!! I thought... It was just a thing it will go away! But... He only looks for you,  I lost him I fucking lost him for good" - Pete

He angrily wipes his tears, looking devastated I can feel hurt in his strained voice.

"Just .. Go... Get out... To him... I don't wanna see your fucking face again!" - Pete

He said while clutching his knuckles white.

"You won ... Now go fuck off!"- Pete

After I gathered which room he is at the hospital. I raced like never uncaring of the curious eyes that followed me to the hospital halls.

I have learned he was asleep for 3 days, with 2 broken fingers, 3 broken ribs, a huge bruise on his leg, maybe a black eye or two, and cuts. I've been going over my head as I walked to his room, he is still not able to move Gift said.

I opened the door and saw him lying, his leg hung on a pole, a cast on his right hand, his left eye bandaged, with healing cuts on his cheek and a torn lip.
His mother sitting on the couch saw me, tearing up as I saw Kao lying softly snoring.

"Kao..*sniff" - Khai

"Son, come here sit. He was just sedated because he is feeling pain at the moment... You must be Khai, come here let's talk" - Mom

I wiped the tear that fell and followed Kao's mom sitting in front of her my knuckles close the feeling of guilt welling up in me.

"I am sorry I wasn't there for both of you" - Mom

She looked at me sadly, gently clasping my hand.

"It's alright, it's going to be alright" - Mom

......