Chapter 1

Sword Art Online, in short, SAO.

That was the name of the death game that had thousands of players trapped and be forced to fight for their life. Two thousands died when we were still on the first floor and another two thousands died the whole time until the end of SAO, leaving only about six thousands alive and escaped.

If only I hadn't listened to my viewers about trying the game out, I wouldn't have been involved in that incident. It all started that day, when I was streaming a newly released computer game...

*•*•*

"Sword Art Online?"

After I asked that question, there was a burst of comments from my viewers talking about the first virtual reality game that will be released a few days from today. They were all telling me to try out the game but I wasn't really interested since I have to use my own body to fight instead of just clicking on screens, keyboards and mouses.

But despite the thoughts, I don't dare to refuse their request. After all, I earned money from their supports so I thought I could try it out for a bit and give them my reviews.

"Yea, yeah... I'll buy the game set tomorrow, just let me focus on this game now."

I said, making up my mind.

Right after I ended my livestream, I decided to check out the informations on this virtual reality game and found out a website about the game written by some beta testers.

[The new game that used a super modern technology of virtual reality, Sword Art Online.]
Written by: BlueJack (SAO beta tester)

The infos are surprisingly neat but out of a hundred floors overall, the informations didn't even cover up the tenth.

Well, the beta test was only for two months, I doubt anybody are strong and hardcore enough to make it to higher floors in that period.

For now, let me eat my dinner and do a bit more research on this game before having my good night's sleep then get ready to go buy the game set. It's surprising how there are still stocks on this game despite there being only ten thousand copies but since it's virtual reality, it must've been really expensive for most of the Japanese.

...I really hope it's not expensive enough to thinned out my wallet.

*time-skip to the next morning*

[Monday, 31st October 2022 - 09:26 a.m.]

I put on my autumn boots and locked the door before heading for my motorcycle. I took out my phone and set it up on a phone holder beside the left handler. I put on my black helmet before climbing onto my motorcycle.

I opened the map application to find the directions for the nearest shop selling out SAO game set and started the engine. It would take about twenty minutes to arrive there, according to this app, so I'd arrive around 9:50 a.m. I guess. I still have time before the sale got entirely sold out since there were about two hundreds copies more after I checked.

*time-skip to when you arrived*

It's surprisingly crowded. Since the stock hasn't sold out even after a few days of sale, I'd thought it wouldn't be crowded 'cause people can't afford to buy it but it's crowded. I'd say around fifty people are here right now.

I pushed my way through the crowd and swiftly took one of the game set; a game CD and a grey helmet with the letters 'NVG' on it. It must've stood for 'NerveGear', the name of this VR helmet. I checked the price to make sure it won't take too much of my money and went to pay for it.