Chapter 10

My estimation had been a little wrong somehow or maybe all that talk I was having with Argo had given them enough time to arrive just a little bit earlier than me. But I had a plan B of course. I doubt I can solo a field boss anyways, seeing as how it took quite a lot of effort for me and Kirito on the first floor field boss.

As for my plan B...

I opened my inventory and equipped my cloak. Then I decided to approach what looked like the reserve party and stay put behind everyone there without anyone noticing by using the Hiding skill while analyzing the field boss fight. Well, to be more precise, I was focusing on the boss' health bar since pretty much of the attack patterns and any info I'd need have been given by Argo.

As I analyzed the battlefield and the monster's health bar for twenty-some minutes, I noticed that the two party attacking the boss doesn't seem to be split up into what you'd say a damage tanking force and an attacking force but rather they were split into two different factions. Both party has roughly the same amount of tanks and attackers. In other words, those two parties were not coordinating their attacks and tanking with each other but instead were rivaling for the last hit.

As a smirk creep onto my face slowly, I let out a whisper that had my presence finally noticed by the reserve party members.

"Too bad it's gonna be mine though."

With the help of my agility-based equipment set, I dashed past the reserve party and leaped into the air with my dagger at the ready in a stabbing position. After analyzing its attacks, this would be when it would start charging again and it would be in my direction. My dagger glows in dark purple sword skill pre-motion light. As the Bullbous Bow reached a certain distance, the sword skill motion guide and my boosted agility reached the monster in a second and took its few pixels of health points left.

*shatter*

As the Bullbous Bow burst into satisfying polygonal shards, yells and murmur broke out from both party including the reserve party while I safely made by escape towards the labyrinth teleport gate.

Upon my arrival at the labyrinth entrance, it had been about ten minutes since the field boss was killed. If I had just keep running without any stop, perhaps I could've arrived sooner but I had kept myself busy with killing any monsters I came across. That said, the delay had resulted in my chasers having an easier time chasing after me.

I let out a deep sigh and turned towards the two familiar faces who are still catching their breath.

"Are you here because I stole the last hit bonus? You can have it, I was only after the experience points anyway." I said as my finger quickly went through my menu.

"No, wait..! That wasn't it, uh..." The boy in black tried to say in-between his breaths.

"So, Kirito, mind explaining why you suddenly jumped off the mesa to chase after this guy?" His partner asked after she slapped him on the shoulder.

"Uh...well, (U/N), we're not here for the last hit item. Kibaou and the others aren't after you either...for now. I just...um...wanna ask..." Kirito stuttered every now and then resulting in another slap on his shoulder from his partner, harder this time.

"This is why you need to socialize. Ahem, so...(U/N), was it? I'm Asuna, this guy's tempopary partner. As you could guess, your move back there had made the attacking parties having an argument. Mind explaining why you had done that?"

"Asuna, why are you being diplomatic in an action role-playing game...?"

"Shut up, this is my way of talking."