Chapter 6

[Wednesday, 16th November 2022 - 02:28 p.m.]

I watched from afar as the field boss roared angrily at Kirito's mad dash on it. It had been at least 40 minutes since we started fighting it now. It turned out to be quite tougher than we had thought. If only the field boss is this tough, there isn't much of a chance to really solo the floor boss.

I've been hitting and running with my best hit yet as to quickly lower its health. It's only some more before it hits halfway point and I can switch in for main damage.

While Kirito will be on support damage, that would still be better than hit-and-run and would certainly be faster than our first-half run. I had kept my eye out of its attack patterns and already gotten used to most of them now so I doubt I would have any trouble after switching it.

Right when I saw an opening Kirito left me for my last hit-and-run, I sprinted in with my dagger and successfully landed a clean hit which then Kirito came back in with a sword skill and I backstepped.

*shwing* - *slash* *slash*

"(U/N), switch!"

As Kirito flew overhead with the impact of his sword skill, I charged in while holding my dagger to my cheek level as I prepared a sword skill.

*shiing* - *slash* *slash* - *STAB*

That was my favourite skill so far, a three-part dagger sword skill, [X-Crit] that slashed twice in the shape of X and a hard stab in the middle with a boosted crit rate.

Right after hitting it with the sword skill, I continued a flurry of normal attacks and prepared for my next sword skill when I saw Kirito out of his CD effect.

*shwing* - *slash* *slash*

Been sometimes since I last used the [Wave] skill. It had quite a three-second CD effect that got me stunned until it ended but I don't have to worry for a counterstrike from the field boss as I saw Kirito dashing over me and hitting it with his strongest normal attacks he could manage. Seeing me recover, he backstepped with a hit and switched out.

I went back in and gave the boss some more clean hits but it was able to land a hard hit on me too that took my HP to under halfway so I was forced to switch out and grab one of my potions in my pocket while Kirito sent a furry of attacks on the enraged field boss.

As I threw the empty bottle of health potion, I narrowed my eye to look at the field boss' HP bar and found that it has a little over four percent of health left. I gave a cue for Kirito to attack it with a sword skill after I sent a clean hit and he understood almost instantly after seeing the health bar.

I pulled my dagger backwards as I jumped into my hit range and kicked the ground once more for better momentum to send my strike on its abdomen. Right after that, I crouched down as low as possible for Kirito to charged his sword skill. With the knockback effect from my attack earlier, the boss wasn't able to counter the sword skill and shattered into tiny blue polygons.

[Congratulations!!]
[Last hit bonus: Kirito]

"Nice hit!"

He spun towards me and raised a hand for a high-five. I grinned under my breath and gave him five plus a thumbs-up.

It wasn't that I had given up on the last hit or anything. It's just seems wrong for me to steal it away when he was the one who worked hard to lead the boss under halfway health for me to switch in. Though I suppose I have the right to ask him what's the bonus is, right?