Part four

-𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝗣𝗢𝗩-

A man's ragged, frightened breath filled the air as he ran. Terror filled his face, sweat dripping, breathing in short gasps, he ran, trying desperately not to make a sound. He's crouched in a dark corner. But then he saw a shadow move blindingly fast past him. He jerks around, then another shadow flies past, too fast to follow. He bolted. He ran up a flight of stairs, harsh lights from the exterior of the mill striating him. He moved as fast as humanly possible. Someone or something charged after him at an inhuman speed through the maze of pillars and walkways.

They dodged skull-crushing beams, leaped from one floor up to the next, up ladders, scaffolding, beams, up, and up, getting closer and closer to the security guard. He desperately runs for his life, looking over his shoulder with terror. The person was closing in on him, but then he bolted out a door and burst out onto a stair landing. He loses his footing and trips, breaking through the rail and pitching over the side, into the air, and stops, hovering mid-air, a yard from the landing. A hand grips his shirt then yanks him out of the air and with incredible strength. His guttural scream was choked short as blood sprays on the landing.

𖣔𖣔𖣔𖣔𖣔𖣔𖣔𖣔𖣔𖣔𖣔𖣔𖣔𖣔𖣔𖣔𖣔𖣔𖣔𖣔

Audrey was making a potion, using her magic to grab all the ingredients. "Cousin Audrey, Would you like to come with me and Cousin Ruth, to accompany Bella and Her Father, for supper," Elizabeth asked walking into the room. "I'd love to," Audrey says, grabbing her bag, and walking to the car, with her cousins.

-𝗔𝘁 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗗𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗿-

The cousins arrived at the diner

The cousins arrived at the diner. "Looks lovely," Ruth says as they look at the building. "It appears Bella's not here yet," Elizabeth tells them, looking for Bella's red truck. "I believe that's Her Father's cruiser, over there" Audrey points to the car. "Let's go inside," Elizabeth said, walking in. Inside in the corner of the diner. Was a man with a chief uniform. Waiting for somebody. "Hello, are you Mr. Charlie Swan?" Elizabeth asked the man. Who looked at them. "Yes, that's me. Do you need something?" He asked. "Ah yes, My name is Elizabeth. Elizabeth Sanderson." Elizabeth shakes Charlie's hand.

"This is my Cousin. Ruth and Audrey" Ruth smiles and Audrey curtsies. "Bella invited us to join you two for dinner. Is that ok?" Ruth asked Charlie. "Yes that's fine," Charlie said as the cousins sit down. After talking a little bit and order. Bell shows up. The waitress placed a sirloin steak was set in front of Charlie and Ruth. A salad in front of Elizabeth. Bella slid in. Cora beamed at Bella as she set a plate of cod in front of her, and Audrey. Several loggers at the counter offered Bella and the cousins welcoming smiles. But, Bella shrunk in her seat at the attention.

Charlie was oblivious. "Can't get over how grown up you are. And so gorgeous," Cora smiled at Bella. "And the Sanderson cousins, from Salem, you guys are sure beautiful. Nice to meet you, guys." Bella glanced at Charlie, who kept his eyes on his steak. A bearded, hippy logger appeared behind Cora, leaning over her shoulder to look at Bella. "Member me, honey? I was Santa one year," he asked. "Waylon, she hasn't had a Christmas here since she was four," Charlie answered. "Bet I made an impression, though," Waylon replied. "You always do," Charlie agreed. "Let the girls eat their food, Waylon," Cora told him as she turned to us.

"When you're done, I'll bring your favorite, berry cobbler. Remember? Your dad still has it. Every Thursday." "That'd be wonderful, thank you," Elizabeth thanked her as Bella couldn't remember if her life depended on it. Cora shooed Waylon away. Left alone now, Charlie and Bella both reached for the salt and knocked hands. Charlie goes for the ketchup instead. We ate in silence as we heard a burst of laughter from a nearby happy family only serves to emphasize our discomfort. Bella tries to bridge the gap. Mom smiled as Charlie handed her the ketchup. "So... you eat here every night?" Bella asked.

"Easier than washing dishes," Charlie replied. "I can cook," Bella replied. He looks up as if confused by the concept. "I do the cooking at home, in Phoenix," Bella explained. "Mom's not great in the kitchen." "I remember...," Charlie added as they laughed. The cousins look at their food. Thinking of their mothers. "How was school? Meet anyone?" Charlie asked us. "A few people..., the cousins" Bella replied, gesturing to them. "Do you know the Cullen family?" "Are people talking about them again?" Charlie looked at us.

"No... well, quite a little," Ruth replied. "Just 'cause they're newcomers. We're lucky to have a surgeon like Dr. Cullen at our podunk hospital. Luckily his wife wanted to live in a small town. Lucky his kids aren't like a lot of the hell-raisers around here," Charlie answered. ".....Okay," Bella nodded her head. "I just don't like narrow-mindedness," Charlie continued as he returns to his food. Silence. "Um... would you guys like to spend the night?... like a sleepover?" Bella asked the cousins. "Well..." Elizabeth starts looking at her cousins. "Not tonight but maybe soon?" Elizabeth asked. "Um...yeah that's okay. I don't mind" Bella says as we finish our food.

-𝗟𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗡𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁-

Audrey was doing my homework in the kitchen as Elizabeth was working on some of her magic files

Audrey was doing my homework in the kitchen as Elizabeth was working on some of her magic files. I started to remember Jasper's face. His coal-black eyes and the fury they held. I blushed as Elizabeth saw it. "So that guy. Jasper?" Elizabeth raised an eyebrow. "What about him," Audrey answered. "He could be your twin flame." Ruth nodded. "Yes he could, your black candle is starting to light" Elizabeth pointed at our black candles. For our twin flames. "It does that every time I talk to a boy, or boys in general" Audrey said. "That's true Cousin Audrey, but you never know," Ruth said. "I have a feeling that he and his family aren't normal," Elizabeth said. "It's not like we're normal," Audrey said as they say goodnight to each other and headed to bed.

-𝗗𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗺-

I was holding Jasper's hand as we stood in the sunlight. When the sunlight hit our skin, we sparkled. I was looking up at him as Jasper places his fingers on my cheek, leaning in for a kiss.

-𝗗𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗺 𝗘𝗻𝗱𝘀-

I gasped as I sat up in bed. I swore Jasper in my room as I turned to switch the light on. When I looked back, I saw no one there. I was confused, not only by my dream but by thinking Jasper was here in my room.

 I was confused, not only by my dream but by thinking Jasper was here in my room