Part forty

-𝗠𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗻-

"She knew you two would be with me," Edward added

"She knew you two would be with me," Edward added. "She found us," Bella realized. "And she's not alone," Dylan spoke up. That is when Riley stepped out of the woods. Audrey and Bella immediately recognized him. Bella was taken aback. Riley edged closer, watching Dylan's and Edward's every move as they both carefully positioned themselves. He was intrigued by Audrey. Trying to get to her.

"Riley. Listen to me. Victoria's just using you, to distract me," Edward spoke up. "But she knows I'll kill you." Riley hesitated, surprised to be addressed. "She'll be glad she doesn't have to deal with you anymore," Edward added as Victoria emerges from the woods, forming a triangle with Riley, with Audrey, Bella, and Edward at the apex. "Don't listen, Riley. I told you about their mind tricks," Victoria lied through her teeth.

"I can read her mind, so I know what she thinks of you," Edward continued. "I can show you how she feels about you," Audrey told Riley. "They're lying," Victoria lied. "She only created you and this army to avenge her true mate, James," Dylan informed him. "It's the only thing she cares about. Not you. I was there when he died. His real mate was Victoria. Not you." Riley's beginning to hesitate. He glanced at Victoria.

"There's only you. You know that" Victoria lied. Riley focused back on Edward, positioning himself to attack. Victoria's eyes burrowed into Audrey's with bloodlust, and revenge. "Think about it. You're from Forks, you know the area," Edward added. "That's the only reason she chose you. She doesn't love you." Audrey told him. Riley faltered ever so slightly, doubt seeping into his mind. But Victoria's face is convincingly emotional.

"Riley, don't let him do this to us. You know I love you," Victoria lied as Riley needed to believe her. His resolve returned. "You're dead," he spoke up. Riley charged toward Edward and Danny who don't move because they knew. Seth-wolf was leaping from the cliff above to land on Riley, taking a chunk out of his hand. Riley roared with fury and pain as Seth-wolf circled back for another attack.

Dylan joined Seth as the vampire tried to attack him, his angelic self coming out to block his attacks. Audrey put a protective shield on Seth and Dylan. While Seth-wolf kept Riley on the defense, Edward started toward Victoria as she backed toward the trees. He saw she was about to escape and darted into her path. "You can escape. You always do. But you won't get another chance like this again,"

he egged her on, as Victoria hissed at him, and backed further away. "You want her. You want Jasper and I to feel the pain you felt when I killed James. When we tore him to pieces. When we turned him into ash" Edward told her. "When my family turned him into nothing," Audrey urged on. Victoria finally erupted and charged Audrey and Bella. But Edward never let her get close. He intercepted her and they roll down the hill in a death grip.

Bella is watching this battle, desperate to help. Meanwhile, Riley kicked Seth-wolf hard against the cliff. Sharp shards of rock fall around Bella and Audrey. Dylan jumped towards them, covering them Seth-wolf, battered, goes down. Dylan covered the two. Riley spun toward the girls. Edward now has to protect them from both vampires. And he does it with impressive skill. With lightning-fast speed.