Chapter Ten: End Of The Road

Author: The final chapter... In a few weeks I will write a Halloween part so it is not really the final chapter.

A week has passed since your battle with your father. You sit at the bar in the Afterlife drinking while talking to Claire.

Y/N: You sure you think these will be good gifts for the crew?

Claire: Of course... And don't worry about losing them because they've got a small microchip in them. You can track them from hundreds of miles away.

Y/N: Cool... And you are sure you don't want one?

Claire: I'm good... I'm not exactly an Edgerunner even if I have helped you guys out a few times.

Y/N: Sharing drinks and having conversations are still part of being an Edgerunner.

Claire: Yeah but that can be said of most occupations... Especially bartending.

Y/N: True... I have one for myself and one for Rebecca, David, Kiwi and Falco. I even have one for Lucy for when she's ready... If she's ever ready.

Claire: Don't be silly... Lucy's a strong woman... She just needs a little bit more time.

Y/N: Yeah... You're right. You always are.

Claire: I wouldn't go that far but I'll take the compliment... Now go. You don't want to keep Rebecca waiting too long.

Y/N: Yeah... She and David should be done with their job by now.

Claire: What was the job?

Y/N: I think it was clearing out a town of scavengers... Anyway... See you later.

Claire: Bye.

You leave the bar and get on your bike. You feel your maskless face before driving off.

Y/N Mind: It's going to take some getting used to... I guess people will stop calling me the Reaper now.

(Timeskip - An hour later)

You arrive at the hideout and walk in. You see David on the way out.

Y/N: Oh hey David... You going home?

David: Yeah... What about you?

Y/N: Yeah...

You look past to see Rebecca crossing her arms with a sour look on her face.

Y/N: But Rebecca seems to be in a mood so I'm going to talk to her first.

David: Okay... Well see you.

Y/N: Say hi to Lucy for me!

David: I will!

As David leaves you turn to Rebecca kicking the table over in anger.

Y/N: Rebecca... Please don't kick things.

Rebecca: David... He fucking froze up today!

Y/N: Did he... Go in a freezer?

Rebecca: No you dumbass... We were clearing out the Scavs when he just stopped while in front of one of the gonks!

You grab Rebecca by the arms.

Y/N: Please calm down.

Rebecca sighs loudly and angrily.

Y/N: Knowing David... I'm guessing you asked him to cool it on the implants but he said he'll be fine... Am I right?

Rebecca: Yeah... That gonkhead.

Y/N: Let's go home.

You and Rebecca get on the bike and drive home. You quickly send David a message while driving.