Chapter Seven: Reaper No More

Author: The final part of this book. I hope you enjoy this as I try to write the best finale I can for this book.

In the facility where the Mastermind is located. He sits opposite Mercy as she eats dinner prepared by Arasaka chefs.

Mastermind: Enjoying your meal?

Mercy stays silent.

Mastermind: Still don't want to talk to me huh?

Mercy: I have nothing to say to you... Unless you plan on stopping and atoning for your crimes.

The Mastermind sighs.

Mastermind: This is Night city... You need to stop acting like people are good and deserving of kindness.

Mercy: There are good people... Like my daughter. She'll be nothing like you or me. I plan to build a better world where she can live freely and happily.

Mastermind: So naive... But on the topic of your daughter.

The Mastermind clicks his fingers and Ward enters dragging Susie by her arm.

Susie: Let me go!

Mercy: Susie!

Susie: Momma!

Ward let's Susie go and he rushes towards her mother. Mercy embraces her and stares daggers at her father.

Mastermind: I'm a smart man... But even I don't know how to build your unique Nanobots.

The bot known as Tartaros enters the room.

Mastermind: You are just as smart if not smarter than me my dearest daughter... So please tell me what I want to know.

Mercy: You bastard... She's your own Granddaughter.

Mastermind: It's true as your father I care for you... But your child means nothing to me.

Mercy: She means everything to me!

Mastermind: Yes and that is why you will tell me what I want to know.

Mercy: You wouldn't!

Mastermind: You think I'm soft because I love you?

Tartaros opens up and U/N snatches Susie's arm before throwing her into the robotic prison.

Susie: Momma!

Tartaros closes trapping Susie inside.

Mercy: Susie!

Mercy leaps at the Mastermind but he simply side steps out of her path. She turns to strike again but Ward knocks her to the ground and holds her arms behind her back while kneeling on her legs.

Mercy: Give her back!

Tears flow down her face.

Mastermind: I love you but I am not soft. Tell me... And she and you never have to see me again.

Suddenly alarms go off.

Mastermind: What?!

Ward: We're under attack?! How?! This facility isn't on any records and is hidden in the Badlands!

The Mastermind walks over and presses a button. The many screens above him turn on to reveal you and your crew shooting down the Arasaka soldiers.

Mastermind: Him! I should have killed him when I had the chance... Ward go deal with his crew. I'll kill that rat.

Ward removes his hold on Mercy and teleports. The Mastermind sits down on his throne.

Mastermind: Come then Reaper... Let me erase you from my bloodline.