Chapter Four: Starting Over

The next day was the next part of my non ending struggle. This wasn't just a struggle, it was a fight. A fight against the unknown that was making my life so difficult.
It was on this very day. The sound of gunshots came in my ears, from one side to the other. Then it was the explosions and last the sirens of police cars and ambulances. That was the last thing I remember before being sent out to the rest of the city. No one was allowed to go back there, including me. That was my temporarily shelter my temporarily home that I lived in. Worst of all it had my stuff. When I heard the sirens I tried to get there but the cops wouldn't let me, they just blocked the way. As I took a peek of debris EVERYTHING was destroyed including the little things that I ever owned. Lost. Everything was lost. There was no way I could get it back especially in the way I was living in. This was just pure cruelty. Why was this happening to me?! Out of everyone there it had to happen to me. The money I saved was lost, my clothes computer, EVERYTHING was gone. And there was no way that I could ever get it back.
The whole street was surrounded with cops, investigators, and mostly a crowd that just watched. All they did was watch. They looked at the destruction. Some would cry but mostly people would just stay in shock, unable to do anything but stare. Why hasn't anyone done anything about this. Hadn't people lived there? What would happen to them? They lost everything, so why wasn't anyone said anything? It seems like no one cares about their future. Those little children will live on the streets if they won't do anything, won't they? As I watched the crowds, still, no one said or did anything. After a few minutes people just left. One by one, until there was nobody there at all except me. It was just me standing there all alone. No hope at all. All I wanted to do was give up, and now that's my only option.
"Don't you have a home, young lady?" said one of the police officers. "No... I don't," I awkwardly responded. "Was it destroyed in the explosion?" How was I suppose to answer this, what if he just makes fun of me? After sighing I decided to tell him. "No. It wasn't. I don't have a home at all." He looked at me as if I was some helpless creature that had no way of surviving on my own. "You know, I have a family and a guest room and I bet they wouldn't mind if you stay for a while. My whole face lit up. "Really?! You would do that for me?!" "If you want to stay you can." "Yes I will!!! Thank you so much!!!" This was a new start for me. I just hope I will be able to take care of myself after staying there for a while.