Chapter Seven: An Unexpected Fight

"We still have to talk to her about it. She shouldn't be telling guests to get out of the house," Hank told me in a way that I knew he didn't want to deal with it but at the same time that he had to. "It's not necessary I will just go. You don't need a burden in your life," I quickly answered back hoping he would forget about it but it seemed like he wasn't going to forget any time soon. "It was my fault maybe I did something to her that she might have felt offended to. I'll be okay on my own, I have dealt with it for a while." He looked up at me confused as if he wanted to tell me something but he was hesitating not to say it until he decided he would ask. "I never asked but, why have you been all alone this whole time with no one to be there with you," he asked.

"Remember when I said that both of my parents died? Well it happened when all three of us were on a plane and the plane had a damaged wing and I was the only one to make it out alive... When I got to my house many bills kept coming in and I was in deep depression but even if I was sad it wasn't like I could pay for it. I had no money and I didn't have a job. There came a point where so many bills had come in and they took my house away. So I packed my stuff and lived on the streets and begged. That was the only way I would be able to get money, but it didn't give me a lot. Then the explosion happened and all the stuff I had was destroyed. Then you came and you know the rest of the story," I told him. He gave me a hug, the last thing I expected from him but it made me feel ten times better than I had before. It was nice to know that there was someone there out for me. Someone who truly cared.

"Come on we have to go. It doesn't matter if you don't want to it's still not right what she did so come on," he said pointing to one side of his car. As I hesitated I finally went it dreading the thought of going to his house, having to hear her yell at me again. Though when we went in she looked at me surprised but not in a nice was. She gave me a look saying oh you're back. It wasn't fair why she was treating me this way when I didn't do anything to her. "Why did you tell her to leave?" Hank said in a stern tone. She glared at me, knowing I told him. "Tell me now," he added still waiting for an explanation. "Why don't you explain why she is here, how about that", she said in a snotty voice. What happened to the shy woman that I first saw when I came here? It seemed like she didn't care anymore because now she was being herself; she wasn't the type of person I thought she was.

"Well if I must," she sighed. "She doesn't belong here, there's no place for her in this house. This is my house not hers." "It's not your house. It will never be just your house. Who's the one that works and helps. If you can't treat her nice, the person that is going to leave will be you," Hank said. She gave him a shocked look as if she never expected it. "She will be staying until she can get her own place and live on her own. If you don't treat her with respect you're out." The whole time she stared at me with hatred in her eyes. While they were fighting I shyly stood behind Hank as if he was protection from whatever may happen. "Ugh!!!" she stormed away angrily. After she left I shut my eyes, shutting me away from the world and breathed in taking in whatever had just happened. "Are you alright?" Hank asked me. "Yay, I'm fine. I'll be in the room," I said, trying not to say my room; I didn't live in this house and I wasn't planning to as long as Hank's wife was here.