Chapter Six: Not So Shy

Later in the morning Hank kept saying how it doesn't matter how long I stay but I kept telling him that I promise I won't be long. Though he kept going on saying it didn't matter. Every time he would say that making me feel really welcome I noticed that his wife would watch of, and from the corner of my eye I noticed she didn't like it. From the start of when I got here, she didn't seem to welcome me the way Hank did. Still since she was one of the owners of this beautiful house and she was allowing me to stay, I ignored it and pretended that it didn't happen. Then it started to be something she would commonly do. Whenever I was around she would give me these looks when I wasn't looking thinking that I didn't see, but I did, I saw everything. For a while I kept ignoring it but the more I ignored it the more she did it.

One day Hank was at work investigating the explosion that had recently happened and it seemed like now she didn't care of I was looking. She would give me cold looks. What did I do wrong? It was around two in the afternoon and she was washing the dishes. Maybe I did something that hurt her so I decided I should help her out. "Hey can I help you?" I asked. "Um...-" she said in a way as if she wanted every way not to be near me. "Here let me take this and put it away for you", I said taking a dish about to put it in a cabinet for her when she looked like she was about to explode in anger. "Don't touch that!" she shouted at me for no reason at all. "Are you sure I mean if you need help I am always here," I said hoping she would calm down. "No way am I letting a stranger to touch my stuff, get out now!!!" she yelled this time even louder than before.

"I'm sorry I didn't know I would get you upset...." " in fact don't just get out of the kitchen, get out of my house! Now! I have full control of this house and I don't want you in it!" she yelled to the point where if you looked outside you could see people staring through the window. This didn't make sense but I left. There was nothing that I brought so all I had to do was just go out the door. This was terrible, I came back from where I started. Then I saw a familiar figure waking towards me. "What are you doing here", said a man. When I looked up, it was Hank. Now things got even more worse, I didn't want his wife to get in trouble and I certainly didn't want them to fight but I couldn't just lie, what she did wasn't right. "Your..... It was your wife, she got upset at me for some reason and she told me to leave the house," I said trying my best not to make her seem like a monster but from the way Hank looked at me, he was already really upset. "Come on get in the car were going to have a talk with her," Hank said trying not to sound as angry as he was. "No, it's okay really it's all right there's no need!" "Yes there is," Hank responded back. "What did she exactly say to you?" he asked. "I really don't want to get her in trouble. Lately she has been giving me cold looks and I thought I did something wrong so I thought I should help her with the dishes but when I tried to help her she started yelling at me saying that this was her house and she has full control. She also said she doesn't want a stranger saying here so she kicked me out of your house," I said. He sighed. It seemed like he knew something about it that I didn't know at all.

Ever since I married her which was not long ago she has been, possessive to everything. If I let's say move and I want to take some stuff she wouldn't let me because she makes an excuse saying it's hers," he answered back sadly. "You said that you married her not long ago so what about your children, are they...." "No," he quickly answered. "My wife passed away after Jordon was born. They were twins and after giving birth to the last one... She died," he said having trouble saying the last two words. "I'm sorry for your loss I didn't know." "It's not your fault, she wanted to have a C/section but the doctors didn't think it was necessary, they thought she was going to have a perfect birth, which she did but it didn't end to well..." He said quietly. Maybe I shouldn't have asked, I guess it was to personal for him to discuss. For some reason I felt a connection with him and I realized why. We both suffered the loss of people who made our lives so very happy. "I lost someone too. My parents both died.." He looked up at me, and I could tell at the moment he felt the same way.