Chapter Twelve: A Job Of Success

Walking away from Hank was sad but it was going to happen sooner or later. After walking for a while I had walked passed maybe stores and I didn't realized it until now that one of the shops had asked for help, meaning I could get a job and get paid for that. This was a chance for my future and all I wanted was there to be success in every second of it. When I opened the door a bell rang and a sweet old woman smiled a warm smile, welcoming me to her flower shop. "Hello there. What type of flower would you be interested?" she asked in the sweetest voice. It seemed like she was the only one working there. "Um, no. Actually I came here because I saw that you had a help wanted sign," I answer back trying to be polite. She sighed with s smile. "Well I guess we better get started," she said with enthusiasm.

Just like that she handed me a clean apron unlike hers which had dirt on it coming from the flowers she had recently planted. "So what's your name, sweetheart?" said the old woman. "Oh, I'm Teresa Anderson, but you can just call me by my first name," I answered back softly. "So what would you like to work at now, planting and gardening the flowers or being the cashier?" She asked. After looking at her apron I could tell she had some experience and now when I think about it I never knew anything about flowers. "I guess I'll be the cashier. I don't have any experience with gardening," I answered back to see disappointment in her face. "I was hoping you would know about gardening but since you're here now you might as well learn," she said as she tossed me some gardening tools and gloves. She led me to a room with indoor plants and flowers of all colors and sizes. "They're gorgeous," I said fantasizing over the flowers that surrounded me from all directions coming from the room.

"They are aren't they. I have had this shop for a while and I was wondering if someone who appreciated nature would help out and it seems like you do," she said complimenting me. "So why don't we start with the basics?" She asked handing me a very small shovel which I assumed was a gardening tool and she handed me a packet of seeds and on the cover it had a picture of tomatoes on it so I guessed they were tomato seeds. "Let's start," she said as she sat down on a chair to watch me do the work. Then I took the packet and planted them as professional as possible. "Good job, now you need to pour water on the seeds," she said giving me advice. "Okay," I said picking up the watering can and pouring fresh cold water onto the dirt. "Good job. Now every day I want you to pour cold water there once, around at noon. You'll be paid a fair amount of fifty dollars every two weeks. Is that okay?" "Yes that is! That's more than I expected!" I said excitedly.
When I left the flower shop all that was left from me was a wide grin spread across my face. This was going to be a very nice job to work at. Especially with the money being paid to me. From now on it was going to be like that, and there was nothing that could ruin my day.