Chapter Nine: A Missing Person

Breathing in I smelled the fresh air coming from outside. It was so cool, fresh and clear. Somethings just make my day better. When I looked out my window a golden ray of sunshine came pouring in. Today was so beautiful nothing can ruin it. Well except Hank's wife. The start my my day made me want to dance around and just relax and enjoy the life I was living in. It wasn't just me who noticed today's beauty. When I went to the hallway I saw that Hank had just woke up and went out as well. His whole mode and features seemed to be enjoying this day. "Isn't it beautiful today," he asked with a yawn. My only respond was a "yes," and a warm smile. Hank's children were already awake before us. They were playing in the living room before we got out of our rooms. Something seemed to be missing.

That's when it hit me. At first I didn't say anything, this morning was too nice to ruin it by mentioning something that wasn't so nice. When me and Hank went to the kitchen we saw a note on the counter top. It was from his wife. Most of the note had some pretty mean and nasty comments about him which I could tell he didn't enjoy reading but in the end it said "I'm leaving you and I won't be coming back. Ever." After Hank read the last ten words a smile crept on his face. That meant, no more of her. It seemed like he was dancing on the inside by the expression on his face. "She gone," he sang in a melodic tune. He was practically celebrating. "She gone!!!" he said laughing in joy. "And I'm never seeing her again!!!" He said happily.

No wonder today seemed to get better and better. Her presence gone just created sunshine and rainbows in our day. Hank and I weren't the only ones who liked the news. When he told his kids they just smiled and went back to playing with whatever they were doing. It never seemed like she developed a relationship with them. In fact it seemed like she never went near them. They probably felt ignored, so the fact that she was gone made that wall break apart. Later that day we heard a knock on that day. "Coming!" Hank called out. When he opened that door we saw a mess or so that's what I thought. It was Hank's so called wife. Streams of mascara came running down her face. "I have nothing without you", she sobbed with enthusiasm. This must be an act, it was quite obvious. His expression changed from the happy man he was this morning to a depressed angry person. "What do you want," he said harshly. "I want you, we were meant to be," she said playing along to her stupid act that she thought was going to work. He laughed but it wasn't a happy one, it was a laugh of hatred. "Go away. You said you would never come back," he said staring at her coldly. "What?!" she shrieked and began to do that fake cry she acted out.

He then closed the door on her face. When he did that I practically wanted to run up to him and give him a big high five. She deserved it for making his life miserable. Though he didn't deserve going through what she put him up to. Even though I haven't been here long I could tell he didn't enjoy standing one second near her. She opened the door. He forgot to lock it I assumed. "Let me back!!!! And take that brat out of here!!" she yelled sobbing at the same time. "Go away. Nobody wants you here especially me," he said this time closing the door and locking it. She began to cry so loud you could hear her from outside. "Oh shut up," he said loud enough for her to here. By the time he said that I was ready to give him a fist bump even though he probably didn't know what that was. Now this time I was celebrating, having a party of my own and I was enjoying every second of it.