Chapter Eight: Sometimes Forgiveness Isnt Always The Truth

When I got to the room I was staying at, I quietly shut the door and took a deep breath and shut my eyes for a moment. This was a moment I would take time to have just to calm down and breath for once. Then I went to my bed and lied down on the bed. "What had just happened. If it wasn't for me, none of this would happen. I just don't want anybody hating me to later stab me in the back," I groaned. The one thing I just don't get is why is she treating me like that. Even if she just wants to have control over everything that doesn't mean she can just be rude to me. This made my stomach feel like there were nots inside and it didn't want to stop hurting. The pain just wouldn't go away. Why do I have to feel guilty for her actions?

A few minutes later I heard a soft knock on the door. My body felt to tired to get up but I had to force every step of my body. "Who is it," I asked. "It's me, Hank," he said. At those words, I slowly turned the knob and opened the door. "Everything okay?" he asked. "Ya I'm fine I'm just tired that's it." He gave me a look, I can tell he didn't believe me. "I'm serious I'm fine," I said trying my best to make him believe me. "Okay, I'm just checking. If anything happens just call me," he said as he left the room and closed the door. Later that day I heard another knock on the door. "It must be Hank", I thought but that was the exact opposite person who was on the other side of the room. When I opened the door something took me by surprise. It was Hank's wife. She was the last person I wanted to see.

As the door opened she looked at me awkwardly. She sighed and took a deep breath in and out until she finally spoke. "I just wanted to say that.... I'm... I'm sorry... for what I did earlier." When I looked down at her, I saw that she was holding something in her hand but her fingers covered whatever it was. "It's okay. I-" I tried to finish what I was saying but she left before I could finish what I was about to say. When she left, I stood at the door confused as I was a few minutes ago with the same question, "what just happened?" She just apologized to me. Something didn't feel right, it seemed too all of a sudden for her to just apologize like nothing happened. But the part that she just walked off like that was weird, it made sense because she probably still hates me but she walked off like she didn't care at all.

"Stop hold on, this still doesn't make sense," I thought before forgetting the thought. The rest of the day I thought hard about what happened. Nothing makes sense. There had to be a reason for this otherwise she wouldn't have apologized to me. The next day I went to go to the kitchen but when I started to walk towards that way I heard yelling. "I can't do this anymore! Tell her to get out or I will! The money you paid my doesn't matter anymore. Whether I apologized or not she still has to go!!!" said a female voice who I quickly recognized as Hank's wife. "She is not leaving she has nowhere to go, why can't you leave the poor girl alone?!" yelled Hank. "That explained it. She didn't actually mean what she said", I thought. Knowing this was a bad time, I slowly walked backwards and then left and went to my room.

It seemed too good to be true and I was right. Of course she didn't mean it. "Hank is right, why can't she just leave me alone and let me be? There was nothing that I did to hurt her or get her upset. I bet the only reason she doesn't want me here is because she is too selfish to let me stay," I thought angrily. Way too selfish, I wonder why Hank hasn't broken up with her. She is not only being rude to me but it doesn't seem like she is making his life happy. She certainly isn't making me happy for a fact. Not at all.