Chapter ~ 12

Makoto woke up to the constant ringing of his bedside alarm. He groaned, throwing his legs over the side of the bed. His foggy eyes opened enough just to see the streams of sunlight peer through the closed blinds and display across the floor.

Why am I blind when I wake up, oh the burning questions I ask. Makoto thought as he rubbed his green orbs into focus. Yawning once, he hopped onto his orca slippered feet. He started his morning routine for the glorious Monday that awaited him.

He kissed his mom and dad on the cheek before he headed out the door. He didn't forget the bear hug that was required for the twins. He shut the modern wood door behind him and started on his way towards Haru's.

He turned a few corners till he was greeted by the long staircase and elderly women that awaited at the bottom. Her small frame was dressed in a yellow apron that reached the floor. Her cute white hairs pulled into a neat bun at the bottom of her sun hat.

"Makoto! My boy... Off to see your boyfriend?"

"Hahah, he's not my boyfriend."

"You're not fooling anyone, son."

Makoto nodded towards her as he was kind of in a hurry. Knowing that Haru was most likely in the bath or still sleeping.

Once he jogged up the stairs, he was about to knock before it opened right before him. There Haru was with his uniform and school bag all ready. Makoto's features over took a look of surprise.

"Good morning... Haru-Chan?"

"I'm early today." Was what came from his emotionless voice.

"I see that," Makoto exclaimed with a smile. "Let's get going then."

The two boys were on their way to the bus stop that took them straight to Iwatobi High School. There was no one there. They were at least 15 minutes early, the bus didn't come for another 20. Makoto decided he was going to bring up Sousuke.

"Haru.. I met someone the other day. We talked and talked and well... Now were together. Isn't that exciting!?"

"Who's the lucky lady?" Haru asked with slight interest.

Makoto scratched the back of his head with a slight smirk to his face.
"Well, hahah, it's a boy."

"Doesn't surprise me.." Haru tried not to grin at Makoto's reaction.

"HUH!?"

"Well who's the lucky guy then?" Haru ignored him and was fully interested at this point in the conversation.

"Actually-" Makoto was cut off.

Sousuke threw his arm around Makoto's shoulders and barged into the conversation.
"-It's me."

A heavy silence fell over the three men. Makoto looked at Haru's expression worriedly. Haru just grabbed Makoto's arm tightly and pulled him a few feet away from their original spot. Sousuke stared curiously at them.

A glare fell over Haru's face.
"I don't approve of your decision Makoto."