Chapter 3 : Changing Isabella

I s a b e l l a

Since we are leaving for the camping trip, Nikki convinced me to go to the mall for new equipment.

She texted me asking, "Hey girly, I'll be there in 20 minutes to pick you up."

I looked at it and finished up doing my hair. Once that was done, I went and got an apple. It was freshly picked from our apple tree.

I sat and played with my phone as I waited for Nicole.

She pulled up and I hopped off the couch. I grabbed my wallet and walked out the door.

"Ready to go?" I asked.

"Mhm. So I was thinking. Do you want to surprise the entire senior class next week?"

Hmmm... do I?

"Um, I guess. Why?" I asked as I fidgeted since Nicole was grinning at me.

"Well I was thinking, maybe we could give you a makeover. We could doll you up and make you drool worthy. And then, maybe, just maybe, people won't be to mean to you."

I didn't want to get picked on, but I didn't want to change who I was.

"Um, I don't know, Nikki. I like me. I don't want to change just for everyone else."

"It's not just for everyone else! Your the one that benefits from it most. You get the confidence and self esteem that those jerks took away AND you get less bullies."

"What if they just laugh at me? Trying to be someone I'm not."

"You'll be 100% you. You'll just be you in a different wardrobe."

"...fine..."

{♤}{♡}{♢}{♧}

We arrived at the mall, which was about an hour away since we decided to go to the one out of town where we wouldn't run into anyone from school.

We got there and Nicole took me to a bunch of stores where she made me try on millions of different, form fitting clothes.

On the 7th store, we ran into the one and only, Dominic.

He looked over at us, but completely went the other way. I sighed in relief and we quickly left the store.

"Why? Why did he have to go to this mall?" I said as I tightened my ponytail and huffed in exasperation.

"No clue at all. But I'm starved, wanna grab a bite?"

I nodded and we headed over to the food court. I scanned all the different food places and saw Chipotle.

"I'm going to Chipotle, you?"

"Hmmm... I think I'll just grab some KFC."

We split up. I went to Chipotle and the man behind the counter was looking down and when he looked up, he had to lift his glasses. I smiled and said, "I'll have a bowl, please."

He nodded. "White or brown rice?"

"Could I have double white rice?"

He proceeded on with my order since there wasn't anyone else there to help.

"Have a nice day."

I grabbed the bag, "Thanks, you too."

I went over to a vacant table and waited for Nicole to come over. She came over with her food and as we ate, we browsed the mall for cute boys.

"Oh gosh, he's a cutie over there," I gestured over to where the photo booth was with a tall blond guy was leaning against it.

"Ew! He's has such a 'I'm such a bad boy, all the chicks want some of this' kind of guy! But him," Nicole pointed over to the server at Panda Express, "now he's a cutie."

I laughed. Nikki and I were so different that sometimes I wonder how we are even friends.

We headed to one last final store before deciding we should head home. Nicole had about 5 bags of clothes, but I had loads and loads of bags considering I had a whole wardrobe change.

When we got to the car, We put everything in the backseat and hopped into the front. Nicole was driving and I was exhausted so I fell asleep as soon as we left the mall parking lot.

When i woke up, we were already at my house.

"Thanks for everything, Nikki. Wanna come in?"

"Sure," she came in and we hung out. She told me to put on one of the new outfits to see how well I could match things.

Once I got dressed, Nicole taught me how to do my makeup.

"Ok, so first you want to do put on foundation, then you put on some concealer. After that, you'll want to put on the powder and then the bronzer. Then you should put a little bit of blush and then do the eyeliner and eyeshadow."

I took mental notes ands she said each step. By the time she was finished, she had made a natural look.

"Woah."

"Right? It's the power of makeup."

"That is absolutely insane."

"It does wonders."

"No kidding..."

I was still wondering how the makeup made me look so normal.

"Do you want to sleep over? Then we could help each other pack tomorrow?"

Nicole nodded. "Sure, just let me call and ask my mom."

She left to call her mom while I went and hung up all my new clothes.

Here's to the new year, and apparently the new me.