Chapter 7 : Wow!

I s a b e l l a

Wow. I kissed Dominic. I kissed Dominic!

After the kiss, we separated and didn't really talk much. Maybe he regrets it. Maybe he was just truying to comfort me when I was sad.

Maybe today we could see what that kiss was. If he meant it or not. I got up and changed into comfy clothes am headed out to meet up with Nicole. Once I was outside, I saw Dominic and Brittney near each other and Dominic looked mad.

"-impossible," was all I heard. Then he left and Brittney had a scared face.

I looked at Nicole and asked, "what happened there?"

She shrugged. "Brittney was up all night talking to herself about Dominic and whatever. I don't even care, to be honest,"

I nodded. Hmmm... Dominic came out from our tent a little flabbergasted. I went over to him. "Hey, Dominic. Look, about yesterday-"

He looked down at me. He had a distant look. "It never happened, okay?"

Wow. That felt worse than getting run over. "Um, yeah. Of course," I said as I blinked back the tears and put my head down. I walked away before anything else could be happened. I ran to the tent and laid down. I shoved my face into my pillow and cried a little.

How could I have been so stupid? Of course someone as popular as Dominic wouldn't like me. He could have anyone he wants, and I was delusional for thinking he'd want me.

I didn't want to eat. I didn't want to see him. I decided to skip breakfast, but I'd eventually have to do the daily activity. I slept while everyone else was at breakfast. I just needed to take a break from thinking.

About a half hour later, Nicole was shaking me telling me to wake up. I frowned at the thought of having to be with Dominic for the day.

Me and Nicole were walking towards Chris and Dominic as she told me today's activity. "Today we have to go fishing and come back with at least one fish per group."

I nodded. I didn't really feel like talking to anyone. She got the hint and dragged Chris away. I went with Dominic to get a fishing rod and to start towards the dock.

I casted out my rod as we sat in silence. "Look, Isabella, about this morning, I was on edge. I'm sorry if I was a little harsh,"

I shrugged. "It wasn't harsh, it needed to be said. Besides, you have a girlfriend. So,"

He let out a humorless laugh, "yeah, a girlfriend that's pregnant,"

My eyes widened, "She's WHAT!?"

"Yeah, imagine how I feel," He said with a sad smile.

He whispered, "but the worst part is... I don't love her. I can't see a future with her,"

Thus took me by surprise. "Then why are you with her?"

He ran his hand through his hair. "We are known to be the 'it' couple. If I break it off with her, it'll ruin my rep."

Wow. "Don't you care more about your happiness? I mean sure, your rep is really important, but once we leave high school, what's the point?"

He frowned. "You don't understand, it's not like you know how it feels to have a good rep-" He cut himself off as he realized what he was about to say. More tears were threatening to fall over.

In the strongest voice I could muster up I said, "You're right, Dominic. I don't know what it feel like, but at least I'm happy with who I am," and with that, I got up off the dock to go somewhere else.

Anywhere else.

The ReputationOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara