Chapter 12 : Yes?

I s a b e l l a

After school, I went to the library to see someone with a flower. I smiled and they handed it so me. Attached to it was a little note that read,

"Hey gorgeous,

Follow the rose pedal path to see your surprise.

x Dominic"

I looked down and saw and bunch of rose pedals on the floor that wove and round the library. I followed it until someone else gave me another flower. Attached to that one was another note that read,

"You made it to your first clue! Continue along the path and find your favorite book."

I continued and found "Where She Went" by Gayle Forman. On the cover it said, "open it to page 174."

I did as instructed. At the top it said, "Read the circled words."

"I'm scared if losing you,"

Was circled. At the bottom of the page it said, "this is what I'd say to you if you gave me the chance, now turn around."

I turned around and there stood Dom with a sign that read, "I know I messed up major time, but give me the chance and I'll show you how much i love you. Yes?"

I was shocked. Here Dom was, in front of me, asking me out.

"You love me?" I said with tears brimming my eyes. Dominic nodded. I said, "why?"

Dom smiled and said "because you made me realize that somethings are more important that materialistic stuff. You helped me experience true happiness and actual hurt. You made me see the better things in life, and you made me become me again. And I love you, so much for that."

I was in tears and said, "yes, I'll give you a chance, Dom." I said. He pulled me into a tight embrace.

This is where I belong.