Chapter 11 : Choices

I s a b e l l a

Dominic. Matt. Dominic. Matt.

Matt is a sweetheart and treats me like I'm the only one who exists. But he flirts with just about every girl he sees.

Dominic was so relatable and he made me feel butterflies. But he told me that he couldn't be with me because it'd ruin his rep.

It's been about a week since Dominic told me how he felt and he's been telling me how I'm so pretty and stuff like that. He even started sitting at our table rather than his popular table with all the jocks. I'm really starting to think he's changed. He doesn't even flirt with any girls. Meanwhile, Matt hasn't really been attentive. He's been late to lunch, he always has his mind somewhere else and he just, changed.

Matt came over to me and gave me a hug. I hugged back and asked, "You ok?" He said, "I have to tell you something," I nodded and waited for him to continue. "I'm dating someone," I was surprised but happy for him. "Congrats, Matt!" I said and gave him another hug. "No hard feelings, right?" I smiled. "Of course not! We're still friends."

He nodded and walked off with his new girlfriend. I sighed but smiled. He needed someone to settle him down. I'm happy he found her. I turned to head to the cafeteria since the bell just rang. I spun on my heels and saw Dominic at the end of the hall. He saw me and smiled and ran over. "Hey, gorgeous." He said as he gave me a side hug. "Hi Dom," I said as we walked to the cafeteria together. "So did Matt tell you about his new girl?" I asked Dominic. He nodded.

"Are you okay?" He asked me. I nodded. "I'm happy that he's happy," Dom nodded. "So wanna get some lunch?" I shrugged but went anyways. I got some fruit and a juice while Dom got 3 slices of pizza a pudding cup and a soda. I laughed and he scrunched his nose up. "What's so funny?" I shook my head and went to the table. Nicole and Chris were talking about some exam they just took. I waved and they did too.

Dom came over and sate next to me and gave me a piece of pizza. I said, "I'm ok. Thanks," He shook his head and said, "no, you need to eat." I rolled my eyes but Nicole screamed "Awww! That's so cute!" I laughed and ate my fruit. Nicole asked, "so where's Matt?"

I looked at Dom and he said, "he's with his new girlfriend," Nicole's mouth was agape. I giggled and Chris closed her mouth as he laughed. Dom didn't really react, instead he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to his side. He whispered, "Meet me in the library after school, okay?" I nodded and the bell went off.

What does he have up his sleeve?