Chapter 10

"(Y/n) I don't understand algebra. Can you help me?" Hazel asked.

"I could help," Theo said.

"Not a chance. The last time I let you help I failed my assignment." She refused.

"I'm not that bad at math."

"Yeah right. What's your grade right now?"

'I just wanted to enjoy my lunch. Not listen to a lovers quarrel'

"Just kiss each other already." You groaned. That shut them up. "We've been friends for a month now. It's the day before Christmas break. It's clear you two have a crush on each other. The best gift to give each other is a kiss."

They denied it up until the end of lunch. They walled with you to your locker as you opened another note and a card fell out.

10 cards left

You were wrong your not-so-secret admirer has kept sending you cards even after the heart cards ran out. All heart cards except for the ace. You still had not received an ace. Sometimes he would give you multiple sometimes none at all.

You didn't bother reading the note this time knowing it would make your day worst. "I'm kind of tempted to find Reese and yell at him to stop being a coward. I would say no but it would be nice for him to say it himself."

"That would be interesting. I'll ask Leo he always knows where Reese is." Theo offered.

"I thought he hated you now. He glares at you every time you walk by." Hazel said.

A look of realization came on his face. "I think I know Reese's phone number." You made a wish that they wouldn't ask questions.

You guys then separated to go to your classes. You had a feeling that a little demon will be bothering you today. As you were walking out with Nate you felt someone come up and latch onto your side.

"Sorry I've been busy so I couldn't talk to you." He said with a cheerfully yet sullen voice.

"Sorry buddy but we were going to go home." Nate pat Jasper's head.

"Don't touch me." He glared at Nate. 'So you get mad when people go into your personal space but not when you invade others. What a hypocrite.'

"Anyway (Y/n) I wanted to hang out!" He smiled.

"No."

"I'm sorry. Did you think you had a choice?" I swear I saw a red glint in his eyes.

"Yes. It's called free will. Why don't you go cry to Reese now?" You try to shake him off. When he didn't let go you had enough of this brat. "You're a little brat you know that right?"

He took a deep breath and muttered "Hold yourself together Jasper, you're a Spade."

"(Y/n) just go with Jasper he isn't going to leave you alone." Nate tried to convince you.

"No. He needs to respect that I don't like him." You glared at the boy still attached to your side.

"Why don't you like me? I haven't done anything to you!"

"How about you not sticking up for Alice? You were able to convince your parents of anything and you didn't even try."

Jasper let go and directed his gaze to his feet. He realized something "I was an idiot back then. I regret it."

You took the chance to run away. It was a golden opportunity and you would regret it if you didn't. As you closed the door behind you, Nate celebrated that we were finally on break.

Little did you know the horrors that would happen after it.