Screaming

[ This part was made after I read another fanfic where Wall-Knight just. blew up. also this gets mildly philosophical at the end only for it to take a 180 so sorry for the tone shock, I keep forgetting this is lowkey a shitpost

maybe I should write the actual part where wall-knight gets crushed by a building 

But because of the orientation that means nightcap gets to have a whole entire chapter to himself ]

A few days had passed and throughout that time, there were more visits: some uneventful, some not.

Spudow was one of his closer friends, so whenever he'd come over the two would just play cards (no they don't know how to play cards) and participate in small leisurely activités like one-sided origami that led to many crushed-up paper cranes littered all over the room.

Citron had come in mostly to see how bad the injuries were and try to help with his future tech. He had actually walked in laughing about how the younger heroes managed to even possibly make a building fall down, only to cringe when he actually saw Wall-Knight. The time traveler and him were never really too close, but they both were heroes that specialized in defense, that alone gave them enough commonality to talk a bit.

Chompzilla never could properly visit considering how she almost never left her greenhouse and couldn't even fit in the room the knight was resting in, though sometimes they'd communicate via window.

One of the more eventful visits was the one where his fellow comrade and friend ever so gracefully bashed down the door of his room with a loud and resounding CRACK, scaring the living daylights out of Citron who just happened to be there unwrapping one of Wall-Knight's many casts. A piece of door came straight at his head and while Citron managed to dodge it, that let the piece fly straight at Wall-Knight. Luckily, the piece narrowly missed him. The new visitor came in screaming, running over to the injured hero and freaking the heck out. Wall-Knight's eyes immediately diverted from Citron to look over at his screaming friend with an expression that didn't really seem to change from its nonchalant and empty smile. Citron, however, was thoroughly disgruntled with nearly having a heart attack.

"Hey hey hey, Grass Knuckles calm do--"
"ARE YOU OKAY? YOU'RE NOT OKAY!" Grass Knuckles held his gloved hands up to his head and stayed silent for all of three seconds to look down at Wall-Knight, it was difficult to tell whether the hero was freaking out, stressed, angry, or all three at once. Despite Grass's aggressively dramatic demeanor, Wall-Knight still didn't seem bothered. In fact, he just seemed blissfully happy that Grass Knuckles was there at all since he didn't see him for some days. Wall-Knight wasn't attentive enough to count the days, but it certainly was strange that he didn't see Grass Knuckles for a bit considering the both of them would always hang out together along with Solar Flare and Green Shadow, even before they were turned into heroes.

Little did Wall-Knight know, Grass Knuckles spent that time screaming and trying to fight all of the zombie heroes, only for the rest of his team to try and drag him away. Lots of loud cursing and arguing ensued during that time.

"Hi I'm Wall-Knight!"
"OH NO HE FORGOT ME?!"
"No Grass Knuckles, that's what he says to everyone that comes into the ro--" Citron started, only to get immediately cut off by Grass Knuckles again.
"I'M SORRY BUDDY PLEASE REMEMBER ME" He unceremoniously placed his hands on the knight's shoulders and Citron immediately assumed that the fighter was going to shake Wall-Knight back and forth, but instead, he just gave the knight an awkward side hug.
In response to the hug, Wall-Knight visibly perked up and smiled happily. Not a single thought in his mind, only the fact that his friend was here.

"Aww... Grass Knuckles I'm fine!"
"No you're obviously not?! Don't worry, I'll beat them up for you one day! Violence is always the answer Wall-Knight. ALWAYS."
"...huh? .... Okay if you say so!"