Aftermath

[ Cringe Culture is dead, here's my pvzh fanfic

Ive read at least 3 fanfics where Wallknight is the first one to get shot and or die horribly and I think this is unfair, I don't care if he's the meatshield-

Also I like to think that the plant and zombie heroes aren't actually too serious about their fights and the moment something actually serious happens they just kind of freeze up and everything becomes awkward

By the way everyone is humanized ]

The monotonous ticks of the nearby clock echoed through the air. To any other plant, the silence coupled with the ticking would've driven them insane, however, not to him. Wall-nuts are notoriously known for their empty stares, devoid of all thoughts behind those eyes. And, admittedly, it was true. Pick out any other plant in the army against zombies, only a few of them would be as dense as wall-nut. Their senses were severely numb compared to the other plants, resulting in a plant that never really got angry. Just a plant, obliviously happy and ever so carefree. That's why he'd choose nothing more than to be able to help his fellow nuts and to be able to do what he was created to do.

Wall-knight thought to himself quietly (not a common occurrence) as incandescent blue eyes stared directly up into the ceiling. It was weird how he had to stay on this bed. So what? He had a broken arm, twisted ankle, a badly bruised eye and there were rough scrapes forming scabs absolutely littered on him. It wasn't as though he could actually feel it, however. A lingering uncomfortable sensation remained where his casted arm was broken, a feeling that /something/ was definitely off but other than that, the pain was basically null and void to him. Maybe that was why the nurse had yelled at him the moment he tried to roll out of the bed.

It was still strange how Wall-knight managed to get damaged enough to the point where he actually had injuries. He was supposed to be uncrackable! So what if the zombie heroes and his team accidentally made a building fall on him when his suit decided to time out? The moment it had fallen on the unsuspecting hero, he wasn't awake to witness the purely horrified facial expression of his peers and enemies, or the loud screaming, or the loud accusations of whether the fault was on one side or the other, or the frantic digging up of debris.

A butterfly flew by a nearby window sill and the knight's attention immediately diverted to staring at it in awe. At least he was rested where he could feel the warmth of the sunlight.

"Heyyyyy buddyyy..." A strained greeting came from the doorway. Hearing the voice, Wall-knight stopped staring at the butterfly and shifted a bit to try and look at who had come to visit him. A little gasp came from him when he saw Solar Flare, sporting the most awkward smile and pained smile, accompanied by the mysterious Green Shadow and elegant Rose. Except both also gave very forced smiles while trying not to cringe at the sight.

"Woah! Hi hi! I'm Wall-Knight!"

"Wall-Knight we've been friends for thirteen years-- ah, So... um... anyway..." Solar Flare sharply inhaled and quickly walked over to the bedside, followed closely by the two other heroes.
"How's the whole... building... falling on... you... going? Haha..." Her cheery voice trailed off a bit before the sunflower quietly and quickly muttered under her breath.
"We'resorry." Another awkward smile was given.

Wall-Knight blinked, giving a mostly empty stare. But after a while, he visibly perked up and returned Solar's tense smile. It took a while for him to process what she was saying.
"Oh! I'm fine! Yeah! Everything's okie dokie! I don't know why they won't let me leave though!"

"Are you sure...? Ugh..." Green Shadow looked to the side, shaking her head slightly before running a hand through one of her bangs. Although her expression was hard to read underneath her mask, she was overcome with guilt.

"I'm sorry Wall-Knight. I should've looked out for the team. And I should've been more aware of the surroundings, I didn't know that we had all gotten so close to the foundation and I only started realizing it when Smash tried to hit Grass Knuckles and GK punched a wall-! Then Super Brainz flew INTO the wall and It's my responsibility to--" She heaved a breath, closing her eyes. Although she had calmed down, the concerned look in her eyes continued to persist.

The person who remained in his bed only managed to tilt his head. He didn't understand why Green Shadow was blaming herself, after all, it's not like she crushed him. Or Solar Flare as a matter of fact. He shook his head.

"It's okay Greenie! why would I blame you? Don't be sad! Besides as I say, YOLO!"

Green Shadow looked up for a minute, then gave a small smile. Even now, Wall-Knight acted... really dumb. Just like always. Solar Flare must've thought the same because her awkward smile broke in favor of a bright laugh.

"You brought me so much physical pain with that one thing you said Wall-Knight, but I agree Greenie. Don't take this too hard. Wall's always gotten hurt when we were kids, he's healed up fine. Besides, we're all super strong!"

Solar Flare struck a pose next to Wall-Knight and although he couldn't move, he gave a determined smile that perfectly emulated Solar Flare's energy. That purely dumb, overly optimistic, and determined energy. The mere sight was enough for Green Shadow to give a barely audible snort.

"Alright alright, you two. We get it."

Solar Flare quickly gave a little wink to the peashooter and skipped back to Green Shadow, only for Rose to give a very loud 'ahem'. All attention shifted to the older plant hero as she spoke.

"I'm delighted to know that you all are still getting along fine, I hope you have a swift recover, poor dear." Rose sighed, lamenting in her softspoken motherly tone. For a moment, she gave Wall-Knight a single head pat then turned to look at Solar Flare and Green Shadow. "Forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't you two forgetting something?"

The couple stared at Rose for a few seconds, then stared at each other. A quick 'oh!' came from Green Shadow and she reached behind her, pulling out a box wrapped in purple wrapping paper. Upon seeing Green pull out the box, Solar Flare quietly said
"Oh...... oh yeah! Wall-Knight, we brought you some gifts. Even if it... wasn't.. Our fault... which it kind of was-- we still wanted to make you feel better while you were recovering. Here! Mine's a book and some food on me, I'll bring you some tacos tomorrow!"

Without much delay, Solar Flare haphazardly ripped up the wrapping on her gift, revealing a book with the title 'Golfing For Dummies.'

Green Shadow gave a quick nod, setting the box on a nearby nightstand, then did a double take at Solar Flare's gift.

"What the-?! Why would you get that?!"

Her eyes quickly glanced at Wall-Knight, trying to gauge whether he would be offended or not. Of course, he wasn't. It was Wall-Knight after all. In fact, he looked rather happy, absolutely beaming in awe.

"Woahh... neaters! I love it! Thank you!"
" ... uh.. Okay.. Mine's a box of crayons. Your favorite. You can't use them now but... You can use them after you're done recovering."

After that, Rose began to speak while she reached down to get something out of a teal blue paper bag.
"I was informed that you liked tacos." Her hand stopped for a minute to build suspense. Suddenly, she pulled out a medium-sized plushie of a taco with a face on it.

"Now you have a friend to rest with. Oh- and by the way, the zombies would like to apologize for what happened as well." Rose placed the taco carefully next to Wall-Knight and in response, Wall-Knight's eyes had little sparkles of awe in them.

"Aww... it's so cute... thank you Rose. Thank you everyone! You're so nice!"

Although wall-nuts couldn't feel too much, it was hard not to feel touched by his friends' gestures. So much to the point where Wall-Knight, being the idiot he was, attempted to get up to hug all of them. The moment he attempted to sit up using his BROKEN arm, everyone else in the room visibly jolted.

Safe to say, that ended up in frantic yelling and the three trying to keep Wall-Knight from standing over and over.