Kidnapping and Schemings

Third POV

The school was dark as usual but Jake didn't mind for Emma's pink trial led him to where she was.

"You can't hide forever Beloved." he chuckled brandishing the bloody knife in his hands. "It's only us now Beloved. No one is going to stop us from loving each other. We can have a happy life like you always wanted. A happy ending. Isn't that exciting?"

The sound of her footsteps echoing through the dark corridor was all he needed. Grinning from ear to ear, he ran in the direction of where it was coming from and it lead him to the fleet of stairs where the door to the school's roof was.

"Jackpot!" he pressed his weight against the door but it didn't budge. Angry, he moved back and sent a kick strong enough to send the doors flying forwards.

"Beloved?" he called looking around. "Where are you? Come out, come out wherever you..."

Then he saw her, standing on top of the roof's railings with tears running down her cheeks and a lifeless look in her eyes.

"Beloved, don't move," he yelled dropping the bloody knife. "Stand still! I will save you! Don't move a muscle! Please!"

He wasn't sure if it was the tone of his pleading voice or the fact he dropped the knife but a smile appeared on her face. Still pumping with adrenaline from the brutal acts he committed earlier, he ran forward to grab her.

But he was too late.

The last thing he heard was a crash before looking down at his Beloved,s lifeless body. Blood slowly pooled underneath it and he still saw her lifeless eyes along with the smile she gave him before she fell. Clutching his head in agony, he collapsed to the ground and yelled as everything around him shattered to pieces.

Jake jolted awake hitting his head on the bed frame above him.

It had been a dream.

A terrible dream.

'But it felt so real!' he thought putting a hand on his beating heart. 'It was so real!'

Suddenly the door opened and slammed shut bringing Emma's feet came into his line of vision.

"Gosh! I am exhausted!" she said dropping the shopping bags on the floor. Pressure from the mattress appeared as she sat down and Jake was trying his best to resist the urge to grab her feet.

"I will say it once and I will say it again, whoever invented these shoes must be crazy." she kicked off her high heels and rubbed her ankles. "Who knew walking around in these would hurt so much?"

The temptation ate him alive for he hated seeing his Beloved in pain but he retracted his hand because if there was one thing he knew about his Beloved it is she was very sensitive to touch.

So sensitive that one touch could reveal his location.

'I have to be careful not to give away my position.' he thought balling his hand into a fist. 'And despite my best efforts, I can only get out from under this bed within five minutes but would give my Beloved enough time to escape.'

He heard her sigh, saw the increased pressure on the bed, and smiled knowing she was going to take a little nap, get up and use the shower. Within minutes, her silent breathing was heard and he reached out to touch the pressure where the mattress.

He wanted to hug her.

He wanted to hold her in his arms.

He wanted to bury his face in the crook of her neck.

The day he learned of his Beloved's plans to travel was the day he uncovered some vital information about her relationship with Sandra; her former lover and it was sad. The b!tch used up all the good well left in his Beloved by manipulating her to do terrible things, putting herself first all the time, talking down on her, and destroying any sense of self-worth she had. Despite all this, his Beloved remained a faithful and loving partner to her and the only crime she committed was not getting intimate with the b!tch who loved sex. When she couldn't get it from her, she got it from any girl who was curious about female intimacy starting a harem relationship in the school. When his Beloved discovered this, the b!tch manipulated her way out of the situation by giving her pills which his Beloved nearly got addicted to them and she got away with her crimes until the incident.