Giving Up

"Beloved? Are you here?"

My heart leapt into my mouth and my body stiffened. Through the dust created by the explosion, I could see a pair of golden eyes looking into the room.

"Darling? Are you here?"

Looking back at Megami with eyes full of fear, I say, "Ms. Saikou, run!"

She looked back at me. "What?"

"Run before he sees you!" I whispered.

Then they fell on me and what followed was a toothy smile as he emerged from the cloud of dust.

"There you." he chuckled, "Did you think a seal was strong enough to stop me? I do admit it was pretty strong for someone with weak cultivation."

"Weak cultivation? What is he talking about?" Megami asked.

"Ms. Saikou run!" I yell through clenched teeth.

This time he was close enough to see me but he stopped when he saw us. His eyes locked on me as I struggled to stand up despite the pain on my side then they laid on Megami who took a step back.

"You b!tch!" he glared at her, "WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?"

As a response, she pointed her handgun at him and started shooting.

"Ms. Saikou no!" I scream.

"Stay back!" she yelled.

Instead, I put my two fingers together, chanted a spell, and pointed at Megami and a shield appeared just in time before Jake attempted to decapitate her.

"Heads up!" Osana yelled, stepping into the fight. Megami rolled up her right sleeve, revealing her watch, and pressed something. Suddenly, the robot Osana was fighting appeared right in front of her and it roared.

"Megami! Get Emma out of here now!" Osana yelled posing for battle.

Her words shocked me. "But Osana..."

"No buts just move!" then she looked back at me and said, "Whatever you do, do not let him break you."

And without warning, I was grabbed by the arm and dragged to my feet.

"Let's go!" and with that, she dragged me out of the room.

Third POV

Jake looked at the robot, then at Osana, and grinned. "This is hilarious."

"None of this is funny, idiot." Osana barked.

The robot launched an attack in a vain attempt to smash Jake, but he moved out of the way panting a grenade underneath. The explosion crippled the robot, but Osana teleported before him and attacked with her twin hair blades.sing his katana, he blocked the attack sending a sword swipe at her but she moved away giving the robot room to plunge the spear into him. He did a backflip and tossed another grenade making it explode. Osana teleported before him attacking him again but Jake caught on to her and blocked it before running away.

'Alright, I have enough,' he thought. He squats and launches himself into the air behind the robot and cuts it in half while tossing two grenades into its open body. While it exploded, Osana appeared before him but Jake shocked her by teleporting away leaving her in the explosion. The impact of the explosion caused her to move back but Jake teleported behind her and kicked her back into it.

Osana landed on the floor in pain but got up just in time before the katana was plunged into her back. Getting up, she wiped the blood from her face and posed for battle.