Turned Tables

Third POV

Raibaru Fumestsu.

The martial arts goddess of Akademi High.

The best friend Osana ever made.

And the only person who didn't stand up for her during her time of need.

The guilt of what she had done in the past was eating her alive to the point that sacrifice everything.

Her future.

Her career.

Her love life.

Everything.

Everything to see her best friend and apologize to her.

Now the only person who gave her hope decided to abandon her.

"I wish I didn't delete that portfolio," she muttered as she typed away at the keyboard. "I wish I didn't do that!"

Then a message appeared on the screen.

"Hey!"

She looked at it in confusion.

"I know who you are."

She stared at the screen.

"And I know you are searching for a way to apologize to your friend."

Reading that nearly caused her to fall off her seat in shock but she held on to it.

"Do you need help?"

She bit her bottom lip.

"I can help you summon her. For free. But you have to play your role perfectly understood?"

'Is this a scam?' Raibaru asked herself as she reread the message still not believing a word written on the screen but after thinking for some time, she closed her eyes, sighed, and opened them in determination.

'Anything to see Osana again.' she typed on the keyboard again.

"Where do I start."

The culprit behind the messages pushed up her glasses and gave an evil smile.

The plan was in motion.

Emma's POV

One of the robots walked passed us holding the decapitated head of one of the contestants with its right hand. It stopped, looked around, and continued to walk as if nothing happened.

"Are you sure they won't find us here?" the male contestant asked for like the fifteenth time.

Tired of answering him, I nod and stare at my bandaged hands. The antiseptic stung but at least they won't get infected.

"It's a good thing you brought a first aid kit." Legos said. "I am sorry I used up all your antiseptic."

I frown at that. "Why are you doing this?"

The male contestant sheepishly scratched the back of his head before looking away. "Let's just say, I did this out of curiosity."

This made me cock an eyebrow. "Really?"

"Ye...yeah."

I roll my eyes.

"So why is he doing this?" he asked.

Not saying a word, I stand up and start walking away.

"I shouldn't forget this is a killing game," I say to myself. "One of them might betray me."

Luckily for me, my weapons were still intact and so were the pieces of the mirror. Taking out the frame, I looked at it and groan.

'I only have two pieces of it.' I groan. 'How many should I get to complete the mirror?'